LPf 9/8/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By FrogenFredy
  • 1 Post By FrogenFredy

Thread: LPf 9/8/19

LPf 9/8/19

We met up before sunrise and dropped my boat on the ramp rocks. We waded and portaged the Pond Prowler to navigable water. The city is pumping water in, but surface evaporation and utility demand means net reduction, approximately four feet below the spillway. The hydrilla is topping out and matting up. WT = 83.5°F , that is 15 degrees cooler than yesterday's reading at Lake Bastrop.

We trolled across and cast senkos at visible hydrilla. At first light, we pushed into the pondweed and started scoring regular bites. I got one on a topwater, but senko was the more reliable bite. I also caught several on TR 10.5" ribbontail.

The closer we got to the emergent vegetation the denser the swarm of flies. We were carpeted across our backs and hats with flies. langlowe9 got "big fish", a very strong chunk and barely hooked. A flawless team landing put closed lipped smiles on our faces, not wanting to taste the swarm. Off at 9:00am.
    IMG_20190908_072539352.jpg

Think I saw you guys out there just before 9. Guessing that was langlowe9 I saw pull a nice one out of the grass on watermelon ribbon tail, as I thought, I got get some of those!
    Jeremy and langlowe9 like this.

Yes, that was us! You were parked on a good spot. We gave you a wide berth and when we came back I cast towards the dam and spooked a giant from the edge.

langlowe9 rides in the front seat of the Pond Prowler. That was me catching the bass on the Watermelon Seed 'Ol Monster. Welcome to the forum and what those in the know call Lake Pfork!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Good lookin fish. I didn’t see the led in, but was laser focused on the rig after the fact. I’ll be sure to introduce myself next time I see you.

No fishing excursions this weekend. Wife’s traveling so I’m on dad duty.
    Jeremy likes this.

Yeah me too. Soccer game, ugh!

Sponsored Links