Fist time Lake Pflugerville tips
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Fist time Lake Pflugerville tips

Somewhat new to bass fishing and Texas (started both together). Been having some success at lake Austin and decker. Decided I’m hitting Pflugerville this weekend. Looking for any last second tips.

I’ll be on a yak, and plan on mainly hitting the weed lines 12-15 FOW with t rigged sinko / creature. Maybe dropshoting the same. Is there anything else productive lately? Top waters early? Swimbaits over or next to weed lines? Jigs?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FrogenFredy View Post
    Somewhat new to bass fishing and Texas (started both together). Been having some success at lake Austin and decker. Decided I’m hitting Pflugerville this weekend. Looking for any last second tips.

I’ll be on a yak, and plan on mainly hitting the weed lines 12-15 FOW with t rigged sinko / creature. Maybe dropshoting the same. Is there anything else productive lately? Top waters early? Swimbaits over or next to weed lines? Jigs?

Thanks!
    Welcome. You have the right idea about Plugerville. It's got ALOT of weeds and hitting those edges with a senko is great. Also tossing a good football jig works well too. Early on the morning, top water bite is pretty good. A bit of warning though, depending on your yak experience it might be somewhat of a scary place. There are no trees and no land masses to break the wind so you feel every guest of wind.

There are a lot of great little fishing places. If you want to do a little easy bank fishing just to get more experience fishing, shoot me a pm. I will send you locations of some small bodies of water that produce easy catches in your area.

Sponsored Links