LPf 8/4/19 Pfloating Worm
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By MrTexasFreedom
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By stcow1

Thread: LPf 8/4/19 Pfloating Worm

LPf 8/4/19 Pfloating Worm

Yesterday, I got on early and quickly found them. I was throwing WW semi-shallow and getting the easy bites.

This morning, I got waylaid as I prepared to leave the house. I was able to finally break loose and I made it to the lake at 10:30am. I fished for two hours without so much as a nibble.

As I was scanning the water, I noticed a lure floating at the surface. I picked the lure from the water and examined it. It was a delicate soft plastic, clearly ripped from a worm hook by a marauding predator.

I hailed a nearby yakker and asked if the worm was his. He replied in the affirmative by raising his arm. I asked if he wanted it back. He said I could keep it.

Then he said if I came alongside, he would give some new ones. I gradually eased over and he handed me a clear retail grade ziploc with six worms. I asked how he was rigging it, so I copied his set-up and cast out. The lure sank to the bottom. I lifted the rod tip... BAM! Fish on!

I was amazed! I asked him where I could buy these worms. He shook his head and said, "You can't buy them, I make them!"

I was stunned. The quality of these worms is exquisite. I complimented him on his craftsmanship. Very fluid movement and elaborate lamination.

I asked him what was the name of the color of the worm I was using. He named the three dyes he uses in the plastic. I said, "Let's call it spiderman."

We stayed on his spot and fished his worms, doubling up on several occasions. He left at 2:30, surrendering the spot to me. I stayed past 3pm,
    that's when I broke off a big'un with the last floating worm and headed in.
    IMG_20190803_080838280.jpg
    IMG_20190804_132518377_HDR.jpg

Great looking fish! Congrats!

With all that talk about these awesome worms, I'd have thought you'd post a pic of one of them. Please do! I'm curious now....

mtf
    Jeremy likes this.

I went back to the lake this afternoon. I didn't catch as many because I was using Zoom plastics. Here's a comparison pic: Spiderman next to a Zoom green pumpkin trick worm.
    IMG_20190805_180813241.jpg
    IMG_20190805_203525464_HDR.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking bait...almost like a tequila sunrise laminate.
    Luv \'Em and Leave \'Em

How did you guys hook those worms? Texas? Wacky?

I did have a similar rubber many years ago when Travis was 60' below normal and trolled it behind my kayak in front of Mansfield Dam on a shakeyhead hook and surprisingly caught a decent striped bass in the middle of the day.

This afternoon I gave Pfork a break and dragged the yak down to the Catch & Release Pond. I like being outside for warm summer afternoons. I thought I'd better fish the C&R before it boiled dry. I caught two fish on five strikes, all wacky senko.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTexasFreedom View Post
    How did you guys hook those worms? Texas? Wacky?
    Drop Shot. I used a VMC 2/0 fine wire round bend worm hook. I tied it Palomar on 10# Big Game monofilament. I dropped a 3/16 tungsten tear drop weight seven inches below the hook.

Here's the best C&R fish.
    IMG_20190806_183433207.jpg

Nice Job Jeremy
    Jeremy likes this.

Sponsored Links