Little Pfockers 7/20/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Jeremy

Thread: Little Pfockers 7/20/19

Little Pfockers 7/20/19

We got out early and got Q-beamed by a wayward yakker as we splashed across taking rollers over the bow. We came off pad and I noticed I had a couple inches of water on the deck. Todd slammed a 20 oz soda and cut the top off for me to bail it out. That combined with me pulling the drain plug and getting back on pad to self-bail dried it out.

The sun rose and the wind picked up. I figured the stout onshore wind precluded any topwater action. Todd quickly proved me wrong. He exploited our shallow starting spot with two good'uns by buzzing the veggies.

I was second fiddle with early catches on senko and fluke.

Hydrilla is making a come back. I witnessed the first hydrilla mat of the year. The mat was 10' square over in the south dam pocket. Cowabunga!

Todd once again proved his mettle by nailing a couple good sized Pfockers slow rolling a 3.8" Swing Impact Fat along the inside edge of the burgeoning 'drilla.

Speaking of 3.8, one of our catches had a red paddle-tail protruding from its anus. We agreed that the fish needed help. While Todd lipped the fish, I clamped pliers on the plastic and tugged. The plastic broke but we redoubled our effort.

Todd massaged the bass' belly with his free hand and I got more of the long nose plier on the plastic. The fish sensed that we we were helping and began excreting. The rings of the swimbait expanded the anus and the entire 3.8 came free of the rectum along with a gush of fish shit. Todd was aiming the fish overboard, so no one joined the 600# club on this cruise. The fish swam away apparently healthy.

We did not see a hook or line so the takeaway is this: do not discard used plastics into the lake, please! The bass will eat them and die.

Another great day at the mudhole. Can't wait to do it again.
    IMG_20190720_065234723.jpg
    IMG_20190720_071126334.jpg
    IMG_20190720_101653606.jpg

Sponsored Links