Lbj 7/13/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By 5 good bites
  • 1 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By welderdude

Thread: Lbj 7/13/19

Lbj 7/13/19

Big fish were swimming around in my dream as I slumbered right through our agreed upon meeting time. Todd's "morning sunshine" text jump-started me. Now we're uncharacteristically behind schedule. No worries, we were still able to launch from Cottonwood at sun up.

Neither of us had fished LBJ before. Yesterday, Todd scored dead reckoning directions to a honey hole. We headed out and couldn't find the landmark for the honey hole, however we found the bass!

Right away we both got nice three-and-a halfs by throwing senkos at the bank. We explored a little bit. We caught some fish in a shallow back bay, the better fish coming on a watermelon fluke. We worked some more docks and bulkheads and caught some good fish on senko and fluke. We ran up-lake to an undeveloped shallow flat on the inside of the channel swing, where I got a strike on a vibrating jig but nothing else.

Navigating through the pleasure boats and PWC, we made our way to a quieter but unproductive stretch of docks. We motored over to the north side of the lake where some close knit docks were getting the north wind and main lake rollers. I got a nice three-and-a-half retrieving the vibrating jig along the fronts of the docks in 6 FOW. Really nice lake. At one point or another, we both went for a swim.

Mighty thanks to Todd for indulging me on my pick of the lake and fun fishing. See y'all on the water!
    IMG_20190713_121428284.jpg

Drove back out this morning and did some more swimming. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by langlowe9 View Post
    Drove back out this morning and did some more swimming. No luck.
    That is a bummer.

You didn't miss much at Pflugie. I was hoping for a topwater bite that never happened. The fish are hunkered down. I caught fish on WW green pumpkin black flake senko and DS watermelon red flake finesse worm. I had a big'un break off the drop-shot, doh!

To the forum: Back to LBJ for an additional thought and appreciation. I want to thank all those that catch and release largemouth bass. At least two of the five three plus pounders we caught at LBJ had been caught before. These fish were healthy and strong fighters. Catch and release along with careful handling helps our sport.

First pic is Pfugie's fish. Second pic is LBJ's fish with healing lip.
    IMG_20190714_085338407.jpg
    IMG_20190713_092421774.jpg
    langlowe9 and welderdude like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Nice work boys. I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the Austin area. I live near Lago Vista and LBJ is def my fav. A shame most of the hydrilla either got washed out or eradicated. I used to smoke them punching 1.5 oz jigs in the deep grass. You boys will have to let me tag along with you one of these days. I've never been on Pfluegerville. Can you launch a 20 foot bass boat there? Or is canoe/yaks only?
    Jeremy likes this.

I've seen 20 footers at Pflug in the spring when the lake is much higher. We sailed Todd's 18' 'glass boat a couple months back. You have to run on battery, which makes loading awkward when you turn on the big motor and folks start getting excited. I've never seen anyone get a ticket for running the gas engine to load, not to say it hasn't happened.

The hydrilla kill rule is steadfastly enforced at Pflug. You must kill all hydrilla in your possession if your lucky enough to find some. But the gas engine loading thing, meh...

Sorry to hear about the hydrilla at LBJ. We kept an eye out for it, but never saw any as we made the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I've seen 20 footers at Pflug in the spring when the lake is much higher. We sailed Todd's 18' 'glass boat a couple months back. You have to run on battery, which makes loading awkward when you turn on the big motor and folks start getting excited. I've never seen anyone get a ticket for running the gas engine to load, not to say it hasn't happened.
    I guess the getting/not getting a ticket depends on how quickly you leave the park after using your gas engine. It would be interesting if someone did use their gas engine while the cops were actually at the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdavis3591 View Post
    I guess the getting/not getting a ticket depends on how quickly you leave the park after using your gas engine. It would be interesting if someone did use their gas engine while the cops were actually at the lake.
    For the record: Todd recovered his boat with the troller. He came in very fast with the battery, like 100%. Because of a stout tail wind, he waited until the very last second to raise the troller. The impressive hustle was witnessed by me and several others. When I say last second, Todd's troller cleared the trailer by a fraction of an inch. With the speed he carried, he nearly reached the roller, and we easily winched the last couple inches. Todd's effort was applause worthy, for sure.

As far as I know, I'm the only Pfelon that's ever gotten a ticket out there.
    rbdavis3591 likes this.

You are just straight up GANGSTER, Jeremy. I fished LBJ this morning, managed a measly 5 fish, missed one. All were caught in less than 3FOW on buzzers on my beloved Baby Rattlesnakes. McNair Park is still free to launch and is kind of centrally located. Off water at 11:30 because it was HOT and no wind.
    Jeremy likes this.

Sponsored Links