Grass Carp on a Rapala Husky Jerk -LA - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Grass Carp on a Rapala Husky Jerk -LA

From what I have read and understand to be the law is that possession means kill.
    Catching and releasing does not equal possession.

Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbar View Post
    Yep, carp and tilapia kill rule has been in place for quite awhile.
    More like a "meh" rule than a kill rule.

This carp was not in my possession and I legally released it into the non-triploid permit lake after this photo was made.

IMG_20170604_091454844_HDR.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I stand corrected. After checking with a Travis County Game Warden and with TPW it is OK to release the fish back to the lake. If it is decided to keep the fish, it must be killed immediately.

With that said...I don't know why anyone would put one back into the lake to enable it to continue destroying the plant life in the lake...but to each his own.
    Jeremy likes this.

Thanks for checking with someone with authority.

I'm actually not wanting a big bloody shitty mess in my boat right in the middle of an otherwise relaxing fishing day. I have a small 3" pocketknife on the boat, but nothing that could humanely dispatch a forty pound fish.

There is also the fact that even though their is no carp permit for LPf, the rate-payers and taxpayers (of which I'm one) have paid for the carp to be placed in the lake. The lake managers are intelligent, well-informed public servants.

The day I released the asian carp, the lake was considered over 70% covered with hydrilla. The carp are actually very entertaining, jumping right next to me on quiet mornings and startling the crap out of me. Midday, in the doldrums, they'd wallow around on the tops of mats sunning themselves with a partner.

The city decided to spray the lake instead of adding more carp. What is more evil: chemical poison or sterile aquatic grazer?

On Lake Austin I would terminate, with extreme prejudice, each and every one I could. The numbers that were released were borderline negligent.

With Pville their numbers were inline with the lake. They were actually helping the ecosystem and the over abundance of Hydrilla. With the recent grass eradication efforts it will interesting to see what these last few 40lb grass carp start doing to survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links