• 6 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By Chrismaxrocks
  • 1 Post By Crowbar
  • 1 Post By Badavis86
  • 1 Post By Berger
  • 1 Post By Jeremy

Thread: LPf 7/1/19 Nice Largemouth

LPf 7/1/19 Nice Largemouth

My St Augustine needs mowing, but my wife suggested I go fishing instead. Light wind and mild temp, yeah I better go to Lake Pflugerville. Besides, I had unfinished business.

Saturday, I did not fish clean. I got a good bite, but I did not set the hook. I lost the big'un when she came up and spit my senko back at me.

Today I put in at 5:15pm. I fished for two hours without a bite. I was throwing TR, DS, WW, fluke and spinnerbait. I inched up closer to the spot where I lost the big'un and cast a fluke. I caught a fun-fish. That encouraged me to stay for another hour, but all I did was haul water.

I pulled the anchor and started fishing into the wind. There's a new kind of grass that is filling the void left from the city's hydrilla erdaication project. The new grass does not matt up and it has lots of holes.

At 8:15pm, I cast a senko into the grass and got bit. This time I set the hook. The fish jumped and I yelled, "GIANT!" I ran around the boat in circles going full Iconelli. The fish saw me and turned, slamming its tail down on the water and dousing me and the boat stem to stern.

I made one more lap around the boat. I knelt down, turned the reel handle one more time and four-finger lipped the bass. No gettin' away this time!

I stood and hoisted the bass for all the bank and pier anglers to see and whooped a rebel yell heard 'round the lake. I weighed the eight pound eleven ounce largemouth. A yakker came by and congratulated me. We put her on Zach's board and she measured 25" with her mouth open and lipped squeezed to the zero. He took some nice pics. Thanks Zach!

I caught this one on a GYB Green pumpkin with black flake 5" Yamasenko. The senko was rigged wacky on a 2/0 octopus tied to 15# flourocarbon. The hook was buried in the roof of the giant's mouth.

So there you have it. I made a bee line for the ramp. Its been awhile since I've stayed out this late. Summer solstice is past and now the days are getting shorter, and I'm happy to get out there and fish! I'll get around to yardwork later.

IMG_20190701_211751.jpg
    IMG_20190701_201942875.jpg

Awesome!
    Jeremy likes this.

Beaut!
    Jeremy likes this.
    Luv \'Em and Leave \'Em

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Pond Donkey! (I refuse to call it a lake) Great write up as always.
    Jeremy likes this.

Brotha that's a pig, nice fish!
    Jeremy likes this.

Todd and I fished Pfork for an hour the morning of the Fourth of July. We put six good'uns in the boat before I got paged into work. Off at 7AM.

This afternoon, I fished from five to seven pm. I got five bites and two in the boat. I caught a fish on of all things a chatterbait. The next cast my line broke and I lost the chatterbait. I threw out a senko. Surprising and thankfully I snagged the broken line and hand retrieved the chatterbait. Sweet!

I got this nice 3-3 on a senko.
    IMG_20190711_170215863.jpg
    rbdavis3591 likes this.

Sponsored Links