Saturday on Lake Travis with Momma
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BassinAg
  • 2 Post By BassinAg

Thread: Saturday on Lake Travis with Momma

Saturday on Lake Travis with Momma

Process of getting momma into bass fishing continues. We went out on the lake Friday evening but only made a few non-productive casts. Saturday morning we were on the lake at sunrise and were working points along the upper end of the lake in 30-50' of water with pegged flukes again. 23 LMB over a ~3 hours and momma had 8 of them. Nothing subtle about the bites and the fishing was fun until the wind and boaters made it more fun to head in. Nothing massive in size to them but catching is the whole point and we did do that.
    amanos7189 likes this.

Very nice! I'm new to offshore fishing in general, and I'm still struggling to figure out the Lake Travis summer bite. From the sound of it, maybe I'm not going deep enough. I've had a tiny bit of action on jigs and shaky heads in the 20' to 30' range.

Mind if I ask what style/color of fluke you're using, and how you're presenting it?

ZOOM white flukes with a pegged 1/32 oz. weight .
    Bass were suspended in about 10-12' of water and we were dead sticking the fluke for the most part.
    jcthurman and Jeremy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Very nice! Thats a productive day in my book. I went out to Pace Bend tonight and didn't do too well. Only one little Guad but I know they are out there.

Sponsored Links