LBL 6/16/19 Pforget Pflugerville
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By jcthurman
  • 1 Post By langlowe9

Thread: LBL 6/16/19 Pforget Pflugerville

LBL 6/16/19 Pforget Pflugerville

I have a new favorite lake. I've driven across thousands of times, but I've never fished "Town Lake". Father's Day weekend was a great opportunity.

Pflugerville is my "home lake." Every Father's Day, the Lake Pflugerville boat ramp is closed all weekend for a triathlon. In years past, I've diverted to Decker or other local lakes. I usually don't fare well.

I launched Saturday morning sun-up at Holiday Inn ramp. I fished between I-35 and Congress. I was surprised that I was the only angler on this stretch of Lady Bird. I caught ten LMB and off at 1pm.

Today, I went back with the idea of fishing Lady Bird east of I-35. I launched same time at Holiday Inn, but today a half-dozen anglers got on the water before me. I'm guessing the lack of angling pressure on Saturday was an anomaly.

I caught a couple east and trolled up-river under I-35 to some of the spots where I got bites yesterday. I caught a few more and my last fish was good'un. Off at noon. Happy Father's Day!
    IMG_20190615_071832855_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190616_114113163.jpg

I'm very jealous. Just got skunked off the bank near Austin High. Happy Father's Day to all.

JT
    Jeremy likes this.

Nice. You think we could launch my watercraft from there also?

I know it is a no motor lake but I can run on troller all day long.
    Jeremy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

jcthurman, I caught a couple 2-pounders fifteen feet from the bank with a texas rigged worm in 10 FOW. The rest were caught with senkos right up against the bank.

langlowe9, a sixteen foot gas outboard aluminum boat put in before me. Of course they ran on battery. I'm sure you could launch there also.

i need to try out LBL, i have a 14ft vhull john boat with trolling motor. i need to try a new place, i keep getting skunked on Travis out by sandy creek boat ramp. there is a guy on youtube that has had a lot of success on LBL, his name is Darrel. Here's his channel: https://youtu.be/b6OUyGA5ROY .... he'll respond to questions on youtube as well. just thought i'd share.

Jeremy, thanks for the reminder to get back to the to the senkos. I am assuming you mean weightless wacky rigged senkos? I am going to try to get out tomorrow and hope not to be skunked.

JT

Nice fish Jeremy! On LBL I've always done well with flukes, creature baits(lizards,craws,senkos) on shaky head jig and a black/blue chatterbait.

Since we're mid-summer I'd strongly recommend trying LBL at night if you're able to. I usually will launch around 10pm and go until 2-3 am depending on how the fishing is. Hitting the banks with senkos(green pumpkin or blue/black) on shaky head is a great way to pull in several quality fish. Best success has been from downtown all the way to redbud dam hitting both sides of the banks. It you like topwater at night I'd recommend waiting for a fullish moon(this weekend is primo) and use dark colors.

Good luck and tight lines!

Sponsored Links