Stillhouse 6/9/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Jeremy
  • 1 Post By welderdude
  • 1 Post By Jeremy

Thread: Stillhouse 6/9/19

Stillhouse 6/9/19

Todd and I put in at Union Grove 6AM. We ran up-lake to our waypoint. I was looking for landmarks and Todd was studying the chart as we blew right by. This was only our third time to this lake, so we were a little befuddled until we realized the lake was UP at least twelve feet!

We left out waypoint and headed downlake. We were hoping to find grass but we gave up and fished flooded brush. We caught around twenty, mostly on soft swimbait and I got a small goo as well. Beautiful lake, I really like it even though it fished tough for me on this trip. Lots of followers. Off at 2PM.

Next weekend is Father's Day so I'm going to maximize my paternal glory and fish ALL weekend!
    IMG_20190609_073722740_HDR.jpg

At least you guys can get bit on that lake...last time I was there only managed 3, but it was windy. Pretty water though!
    Jeremy likes this.

A guy I used to work with consider that his home lake. He recommended I go up river and fish there. Said the bite is a lot easier.

You just have to take your time navigating that way in a boat, so you don't hit a smerged tree top.

With the lake being up it may be ok. Last time I was there, and its been year, the channel markers were pretty good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hopedale View Post

You just have to take your time navigating that way in a boat...
    You gotta remember I'm riding with the guy who, on his first time on this lake, powered between the up-river bridge pilings on plane. A quarter-mile north of the bridge he came off plane, grinned at me and said, "I've always wanted to do that!"
    langlowe9 likes this.

Sponsored Links