Lake Travis fishing today
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghphotography
  • 1 Post By Crowbar

Thread: Lake Travis fishing today

Spicewood on Colorado Arm of Lake Travis as of March 2017

Lake Travis fishing today

We fished from 7:30AM to 1PM today on Colorado Arm of LT. Hit our favorite coves and ended up catching 23 LMB. I caught my 8 on shaky head Yum Dingers and Chris caught his 15 on Texas rigged lizards. Was really windy and white caps except in the coves. All fish were 1 lb to 2 lbs. Nothing any bigger. All caught in 8-12 feet of water.
    Agarita likes this.

We fished the lower end (Cypress, Sandy, Devils) Sunday morning from 7:30 to ~noon. Had a decent topwater bite...for about 20 minutes. LOL Once that quit I went with a jerkbait and had very limited success until the thick cloud cover started breaking up. When that happened, schoolies started firing up so we chased them around. Best action was around main lake points. Huge bait balls cruising around the surface and the bass were below. I was throwing a Megabass 110+2 and they were hammering it. Wasn't catching anything huge, 2-2.5# was biggest but man these were the fattest bass I can recall seeing on Travis. LOL They were gorged with shad. It was a blast until the need for a bloody mary took over and we headed to Shack 512 for lunch. We also fished bottom baits quite a bit but never got a sniff.
    Agarita likes this.
    Luv \'Em and Leave \'Em

Thanks for the reports. Sounds like fun! What color did you get your +2 in? I finally broke my regular OneTen and really like the idea of the +2. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Gizzard Shad, Deadly Black Shad and Pro Blue. Gizzard Shad looks really, really good in that clear Travis water and the fish thought so too. Pro Blue is my go to/confidence bait. Haven't thrown the Black Shad yet but it looks pretty sexy in the box. LOL These baits are perfect for Travis, IMO. The extra depth is absolutely noticeable over the +1s and they seem to get down to fish suspending in the middle of narrow creek arms nicely.

As an FYI, I had these baits on order with Tackle Warehouse for quite some time as they were on back order. Ship date came and went and TW would not/could not even give me an estimate on revised date so I cancelled and ordered through Susquehanna Fishing Tackle https://sfttackle.com/ This was my first order through them and they had the baits at my door in 5 days. Just mentioning because at the time +2s were in limited supply most everywhere I looked.
    Luv \'Em and Leave \'Em

Awesome information. Thanks!

Sponsored Links