Lady Bird 4/6/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By spark87
  • 2 Post By spark87
  • 1 Post By collinator12345

Thread: Lady Bird 4/6/19

Lady Bird 4/6/19

Made an early morning run on Lady Bird in my canoe, and was able to see several males that appeared to be cruising in 3-5ft water in flats close to drop-offs. One in particular kept cruising back and forth through the same area, giving me an opportunity to try several lures which he turned his nose up at. Once I switched to a Zoom watermelon w/red flake finesse worm on a 1/8th oz shakey head he smashed it.

I kept trying the same bait tossing up near cover in shallow water and was rewarded with a goodly number of fish. Biggest was 2lb and many were small Guads. Some that I could see got spooked when I got close enough to try to toss my lure along the edge of the weedbed they were poking their noses out of but switching from paddle to fishing rod w/wind left me out of position. To my dismay I saw a giant toad-monster swim by near the docks in the cove on the north east side... but I couldn't get her to bite and I'm pretty sure she chuckled and flipped me a 'fin' before moving off. At that point rain was starting to pour so I knocked it off for the day.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new Old Town Topwater PDL I just ordered through ACK. Checked out that model and several the demo event the following day and will be happy to have the new ride whenever it gets delivered. Hopefully Lady Bird will clear up from the mud-soup the storms this weekend left behind.

I'm glad you're still posting. It was good to hear from your brother, too. I've gotta get a boat or my yak down to Town Lake this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I'm glad you're still posting. It was good to hear from your brother, too. I've gotta get a boat or my yak down to Town Lake this spring.
    Yeah I'm back in town after I moved to California for a sec... all roads led back to Austin though. I'm living on LBL now with kayak racks at the water, so there are few excuses not to wet a hook.

I think Michael mentioned running into you at Pflugerville or chatting on here. He lives in GA now, but still checks the forum.

DM me your number and I'll try to get together with ya and go wave a fishing pole around at some point.

Best,
    -Steve
    Jeremy and welderdude like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I just ordered the Old Town Topwater PDL as well after testing it during the demo days! Cant wait!!!
    spark87 likes this.

I'm sure you'll like it, I really enjoy mine!

I love it! Fast, Stable, and perfect size of 10.5ft

Sponsored Links