Stock Pond Fishing - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stock Pond Fishing

Re: Stock Pond Fishing

OK, I guess I expect more. Maybe water depth, structure type, types and color of baits and general location...scratch that, specific location with GPS.

Probably doesn't matter, you can provide all the details in the world, you still have to go out and catch them.

Not many people are willing to give up where they were fishing. Since this is a public forum then their spot will be gone. I agree with bass-n-bay....I think almost everyone appreciates people taking the time to put up a report.

Clancy W

Quote Originally Posted by 6B535D5D4C5D4A6772575056380
    I'll jump in and stir the pot, I totally agree with Cajun. There is very little fishing information in most reports, a brag board is more accurate. I know, "potlickers" (I believe that was the term used awhile back) want you to give up your honey holes with GPS coordinates, etc, but a report should consist of more than, "went to my honey hole on lake travis and caught 10 fish...." I will say there is a small majority that have very good reports. I've significantly reduced my reports because of the above frustrations.

Good news is, it is a free site and I can choose to go elsewhere if need be...It is also nice to voice frustrations and not be told to stick it...or worse! *;D

Anywho, Happy New Year! *
    +1 Agree

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I feel that since people are free to roam these posts and don't even have to be members/contributors to all of this great information, I am going to be hesitant about posting everything on here. Over time, we meet new friends on the forum that we can share info with and tend to use the PM method so that way we know exactly who is going to read the info.

As for specifics, most the time I don't know the depth of the water I'm fishing because from the bank I could post "fished water about 1-15 ft." Wouldn't really help, as for structure, shoot, I don't know what's down there, I just hope there's a fish nearby!

Find your own fish n maybe a maxipad too haha jk just cause someone doesn't tell u where to go and how to fish their fav spot doesn't mean it's a bad post. I like seeing pictures of fatty bass and as well as posting my own but if u ask me where I caught em you'll get one answer.. "right in the mouth"

I don't think anyone is genuinely asking for GPS coordinates, and I agree with a lot of what has been said. *I always try to include as much pertinent information as possible, I don't give up everything, but I generally include most of these:
    1. Depth range
    2. Area of the lake
    3. Type of bait, often even brand and color
    4. Water color and temp
    5. Type of structure
    6. Conditions (cloud cover, sun, wind, weather)

If someone on here can tell EXACTLY where I was fishing, then more power to him, he would probably catch my fish anyway. *People are so protective of their "Honey Holes", but guess what people, I could not piece together where your "honey Hole" is if you gave me the information I listed above. *For example, I posted a report in August about a friend and I going out to LA and catching some solid fish up to 8 lbs in the 360 area. *I gave every piece of information I listed above, but can anyone tell which of the 10000 boulders in that depth range, in that part of the lake that we caught those fish on? NO. *

No one wants to hear your "secrets", I just want information, because I give the same. *There are plenty of people here that give great information, but just as many that give garbage. *If you type out a report and it doesn't contain at least a few of the the things listed above, reconsider whether it is worthy of posting.

ALSO, this is not an indictment of the poster, hes a young kid and new to the board, so take it eassssy. * *
    International Ambassadour of the Royal Order of Lightning Wolves

I'll be the first to admit that I contribute little to nothing to this forum other than a little comic relief now and then. I haven't touched a fishing rod in months. But this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. Someone hasn't posted on here in at least months and they come back "Complaining" about the quality of the forum? Where is your contribution sir? Maybe you should go like someone elses pot! ;D

Juke i stopped posting on here because of people like you.

Chitownlonghorn gets exactly what i was trying to say. just a little useful info makes a fishing report. as for this post, the kid didn't even fish the ponds yet. you cant make a report on something you haven't done yet. but chitown is right he is just a kid and was probably just excited. wasn't trying to be mean to a kid. i didn't say anything that i wouldn't tell my own nephew,

Administrator

This topic comes up about every year at this time, you will see it surface again when the summer rolls around and the heat and lake traffic makes it tough to fish as well.

The bottom line is we welcome all reports and we appreciate those who share what they can. *I don't think anybody is going to give up or admit exact spots. *Some of you may remember the "City Park Armada" that showed up circa spring 2007 after that section of the lake was on fire. *Lots of examples like that turned people off to posting pics with backgrounds, spots, etc.

I can pull enough solid information out of the reports listed above as an example to everything I need and more. *Do you think the guy was putting in a Mansfield and running to The Narrows? *Think about it.

If this place isn't your cup o tea, then don't let the door hit ya on the way out. *

As for Juke, he is our resident fly fishing, TV hanging, microbrew snob. *That is plenty value for me!

Haha whats up drew? lets go fishin!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links