Decker 1-2-17
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Decker 1-2-17

Decker 1-2-17

Back to Decker this morning after the rains. Bite was really good early, but once the winds picked up they shut off, at least for us. Does anyone else have a great bite going and think "i wonder what's happening on the other side of the lake....i better check it out!" why do i DO that? anyway, same bite as yesterday. baby bass rat-l-trap in 6' over hydrilla. me and my muddy got double hook ups not once, but twice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i wonder if the fish dream about me as often as i dream about them?

TFTFUR! Thanks for the follow-up report! I liked your report from yesterday. You inspired me to keep after it and I got rewarded at one of my fishing spots by trying the BBH.

As far as leaving a great bite for a new spot, I'm probably guilty. My fishing buddy has often wondered why I pull the anchor after he catches a couple of fish. Now I can tell him, "i wonder what's happening on the other side of the lake....i better check it out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    TFTFUR! Thanks for the follow-up report! I liked your report from yesterday. You inspired me to keep after it and I got rewarded at one of my fishing spots by trying the BBH.

As far as leaving a great bite for a new spot, I'm probably guilty. My fishing buddy has often wondered why I pull the anchor after he catches a couple of fish. Now I can tell him, "i wonder what's happening on the other side of the lake....i better check it out!"
    Of course if you are in a paddle kayak checking the other side of the lake is sometimes not an option. I am of the same mind set which is why I am looking at getting a pedal kayak so I can get to the other side of the lake quicker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

nice! Thanks for the report. I almost went today but decided against it because of the wind. I'm going to go out tomorrow afternoon before the cold front comes in.
    Liebersdad likes this.

Nice report... Looks like things may work out for me tomorrow. I'll be on the water tomorrow afternoon in the Hobie PA. If any of ya'll see a tan Hobie PA with a dumb jarhead at the controls, drop by and say howdy. Winds look to be sub 10mph and mild temps. I'm looking to give the bass what-fer before the temps turn southerly again.
    Liebersdad likes this.

I got there just about the time the wind picked up ... got skunked.
    Highlight of my day was towing a poor kayaker trying to paddle in against that wind.
    --Eric
    "Less is more ... except in Bass fishing!"

So I was out there today from 2 to 5:30. As soon as I got to the lake the wind really came in hard. It was really really windy. I barely used my trolling motor. I just drove to the far end of the lake and had to wind push me all the way to the dam.

I started off with just a silver rattletrap but had no luck at all. Switched to a 1/4 oz "Gizzard Shad" colored strike king red eye shad and immediately started catching them. I ended up with 9 total, all of them were pretty tiny at around 2-2.5 pounds. I hooked one pig that looked to be around 5, but he jumped and shook the lure free right near the boat.

Do yall ever change out your treble hooks? I was reading somewhere else that the stock trebles are usually pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by envasquez View Post
    I got there just about the time the wind picked up ... got skunked.
    Highlight of my day was towing a poor kayaker trying to paddle in against that wind.
    That is why I do not paddle when there is wind and why I am considering getting a pedal kayak so I can go on days like these with a lot of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf242 View Post
    Do yall ever change out your treble hooks?
    Almost ​always.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf242 View Post
    So I was out there today from 2 to 5:30. As soon as I got to the lake the wind really came in hard. It was really really windy. I barely used my trolling motor. I just drove to the far end of the lake and had to wind push me all the way to the dam.

I started off with just a silver rattletrap but had no luck at all. Switched to a 1/4 oz "Gizzard Shad" colored strike king red eye shad and immediately started catching them. I ended up with 9 total, all of them were pretty tiny at around 2-2.5 pounds. I hooked one pig that looked to be around 5, but he jumped and shook the lure free right near the boat.

Do yall ever change out your treble hooks? I was reading somewhere else that the stock trebles are usually pretty bad.
    Sometimes, but rarely. I'm not into the pro fishing thing where it becomes work. The caveat to this is if I stick it in a stump really bad or bang it off the rocks regularly the trebles can get dull, but for the most part I rarely have a fish come unbuttoned when I'm paying attention.
    Jeremy likes this.
    i wonder if the fish dream about me as often as i dream about them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links