Lt 5-1
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By JamesRoberts

Thread: Lt 5-1

Lt 5-1

Had a trip scheduled for Lake Austin yesterday morning. I only do live bait trips to LA these days, we got to the spot where I buy minnows and they were out, something about a power outage and it killed them all. Well at that point decided we would head to Travis. I was a little panicked because it was a Grandpa and his 10yo granddaughter. Well the wind was howling and it was extremely overcast. So I tied on three different top waters, a clear torpedo, a bone spook junior and a Sammy. Well it did not matter as they all got busted. At one point we caught two fish on one cast, only the third time that has happened in my life. Ended up with 23 in the boat losing about 5 or so. Most were small but did have one about 2.5 lbs. They were so very aggressive many times knocking the baits several feet out of the water and then staying after them. It did not matter where we went as long as we stayed on a main lake point and in the wind. We left them biting as they had to get back to Houston otherwise we would have stayed longer. We did not venture very far from Mansfield as we did not need to. Water temp was right at 73. Looking forward to Wednesdays trip out there, hope for the same kind of day.
    JR
    fisherman, MattATX, MF and 5 others like this.

Im going tomorrow. Thinking submerged brush around arkansas bend. Your thoughts. Thanks.

James- Where are you getting your minnows around here?
    Shimano-Man Centex Reel Service 512-698-1641 [email protected] Vertical Lures- Home of the Jig-X and Tube-X www.verticallures.com / Field Staff

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I'm curious about the minnows also.

Both gas stations (Texaco/Exxon) in Jonestown have minnows.

aint minners cheetin?

Sponsored Links