Travis 9/9 & 9/10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jtfars

Thread: Travis 9/9 & 9/10

Travis 9/9 & 9/10

Water is very clear.
    Partly overcast skies both days.
    Wind 2-10 knots 9/9 and 5-15 knots 9/10
    Fished from 6:30-10 both days

The fish are really active on the top the first couple hours of sunlight. They are chasing bait balls and are not responding to crank baits or top waters. I caught a half dozen on senkos with a real sporadic return. I only got one by just letting it fall after the cast. Most of them just bump it on the fall. Once I knew they were looking at it I would start twitching it with a medium return. Two of them were caught by reeling in and pausing right before it got to the boat. I probably got 8-9 on senkos. Only 2 were keepers but one of those was 3 pounds.

At around 9 both days I started fishing a green pumpkin worm TR with a bullet weight. Less bites and fish but the fish were bigger, I got 4 fish in the 2-3 pound range.

Oh, and one dink on a spinner bait at sunrise. All my fish were caught in no more than 10 foot of water. Mostly on shallow points and around boat docks. No bluffs. No correlation between size of fish and depth or structure.

Im fishing from a canoe so Im not posting huge numbers but for me, this is decent. Not spectacular but decent.

Good report, thanks. My fishing buddy never liked Travis, but I lived in Lakeway for seven years and loved the lake. We fish in his boat now, so we never go out there. Beats the heck out of Lake Austin IMO.

Sponsored Links