trolling motor mounts
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

trolling motor mounts

i know there is a forum for this, but it seems no one ever visits that part of the site so i'll ask here. the boat i bought had the MOTORGUIDE MOUNTING ISOLATOR KIT - MGA015PB6 images (8).jpg and they gave out on my last trip. the access points behind the bow control panel are too small for my arms to fit in so i am considering using the same type of mount, but the reviews i've read say they don't last long....but the reviews don't specify how long "long" is. have any of you used them? i really don't want to cut a larger access, but rather than replace the mounts yearly i will. appreciate any insight you may have.
    i wonder if the fish dream about me as often as i dream about them?

What I have done on my last two boats is cut the nut end out of the plastic T then just bolt the trolling motor down still using the plastic T as a shock absorber. Use big washers and lock nuts on the underside. I also did the same thing with the foot pedal.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRoberts View Post
    What I have done on my last two boats is cut the nut end out of the plastic T then just bolt the trolling motor down still using the plastic T as a shock absorber. Use big washers and lock nuts on the underside. I also did the same thing with the foot pedal.
    JR
    appreciate the response, but i'd rather not have to cut a larger access behind the bow control panel. as it is now there are two small openings, but neither are large enough to get my arm up into the bow. i can't reach the front to secure the nuts. if the replies on these fasteners are negative i will go ahead and do that, but i'd rather not have to cut.
    i wonder if the fish dream about me as often as i dream about them?

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Big box hardware store. There are nuts in a plastic insert. Used them in other things but they may work for that.
    Or there's always toggle bolts.

Sponsored Links