This made me throw up a little in my mouth..... - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: This made me throw up a little in my mouth.....

I really doubt the fish were as big as he said. I usually find that those folks fishing on the bank tend to over exaggerate a bit when telling their fish stories.

Quote Originally Posted by docb View Post
    I really doubt the fish were as big as he said. I usually find that those folks fishing on the bank tend to over exaggerate a bit when telling their fish stories.
    Just the guys who fish from the bank? I don't exaggerate too much but I will round up. Whole numbers are always better.
    austinjohn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Its even worse when you see a guy pulling a $60K Ranger filleting a bucket full of 5-6 lbers like I have seen at Amistad. Some sportmen just can't see the big picture, and some just don't care.

Yeah not everyone fishes for sport.
    It is imperative to remain confident in your abilities when the bullets are flying.

Maybe I am totally off base, but I am pretty sure the Fish to carry eggs and reproduce...so they kind of replenish themselves....plus because of the warm water the growth season is longer, so we do not have to wait as long for the fish to grow..So what is the big deal??? I don't eat fish....taste like shit!! But I am not going to tell someone else that they cannot, because i feel like I have some sort of entitlement to catch that fish. Catch and release is great...but fish is food for many....period!!!

If I see someone beating a fisherman that is catching for eating, that someone had better hope they packed a lunch....
    tonebowski, Ticker and popemall like this.

People who keep large, breeding class fish are ignorant, and if you advocate doing so, you are as well. The overall impact of keeping an 11.8 lb fish out of any lake is negative...versus keeping a limit of 14-20 inch fish out of a lake, which is encouraged on many bodies of water. Part of conservation is harvest, but doing it in an irresponisble and uneducated way harms the fishery and is a slap in the face to fellow sportsmen. End of story.
    e00o, Dez, midnight5 and 7 others like this.
    International Ambassadour of the Royal Order of Lightning Wolves

focus in this thread is mostly on the non-CPR fisherman, and little on the great effort FishHard made to "educate" this guy. well done, sir--wish you had succeeded.

I agree. Good job trying to educate. Also keeping an 11 plus fish is stupid on many levels.
    It is imperative to remain confident in your abilities when the bullets are flying.

Not everybody is going to catch and release. Is what it is. I see no problem with a guy using a public lake to catch a few fish to fry up for his family. It's more gratifying cooking something that you caught rather buying some raggedy ass farm raised catfish from HEB. I think the hubub has become ridiculous now for a regular guy without a big ass bass boat to go out, have some fun, catch some fish and take them home and cook them. The state laws says he can't keep the really small ones and some lunkerhunter will bitch and moan about keeping anything from 3-10 lbs. Doesn't leave a lot of options when out fishing. I think enough people practice catch and release now on Lake Austin that this guys fishing outing in one spot on a big lake isn't going to keep someone from becoming the next bassmasters champ.
    Ticker and burnetbass like this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links