The SECRET to Bastrop schoolies revealed!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The SECRET to Bastrop schoolies revealed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDub View Post
    No, the launcher rig isn't a secret anymore but I am willing to bet somebody taught/told you about it. Would that person still have told you if he/she knew you were going to blast it all over the internet? Or maybe it goes a few links up the information chain? Would that person told the person who told you if he knew it would be blasted all over the internet? And so on and so forth, so you should be able to see how the original launcher rig guys are a little butt hurt.

At one time, like a lot of fishing information and locations it was a gentleman's agreement to keep it quite. Then somebody had a few too many bud lights and before you know it all in the open.
    Terry, IF there were no other posts on this forum about using launchers on Bastrop, I certainly wouldn't tell people I do. But the fact is that there are many posts about it. Out of the 25 or so boats fishing side-by-side with us out there on Sunday, 20 were using launchers. To blast us for Patrick's report is ridiculous.

The only secret to what we were using is the actual bait and Patrick did as instructed and revealed nothing about it. I even went to the trouble of re-bagging the baits so no one could see the original packaging and asked him to return any unused baits.
    Last edited by DesertWitch; 07-25-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamale View Post
    That is why it remains important to post fishing reports that are completely full of crap from time to time.
    http://www.austinbassfishing.com/for...-2k9-pics.html
    DesertWitch and Waylon Papst like this.
    International Ambassadour of the Royal Order of Lightning Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by DesertWitch View Post
    Terry, IF there were no other posts on this forum about using launchers on Bastrop, I certainly wouldn't tell people I do. But the fact is that there are many posts about it. Out of the 25 or so boats fishing side-by-side with us out there on Sunday, 20 were using launchers. To blast us for Patrick's report is ridiculous.

The only secret to what we were using is the actual bait and Patrick did as instructed and revealed nothing about it.
    Yeah, I think anyone out there fishing schoolies can tell pretty quickly what people are doing. I find the call to be pretty asinine.
    DesertWitch likes this.
    International Ambassadour of the Royal Order of Lightning Wolves

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Im glad yall took that kid out, and screw them bastropian nazis. Ive been on bastrop when I could throw a cigarette butt hooked on a #2 aberdeen on the end of a weighted cork and caught a fish. These fellers must not not know how to use them interwebs much..

Yea I remember when a member on here blasted me last year when posting a pic of what I was using to catch schoolies on the Trop.....I say screw the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird1 View Post
    May get Hammered for this but some of you folks TALK TOO MUCH.
    was in this thread: http://www.austinbassfishing.com/for...ecently-2.html

Only rookies use launchers. I had my pet spoon flung across the lake with a potato cannon.

My only complaint was the butthole who saw me tearing up schoolies away from the dam and proceeded to boat right through them, twice. Then couldn't catch one and asked what I was using after scaring them off for good.
    DesertWitch likes this.

i'm the only one i see out there NOT throwing some type of launcher...i tried one and it didn't fit my casting technique...

Supporting Vendor
    Seriously, post a picture or I will have both my friends call you!
    DesertWitch and Skeeter Matt like this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertWitch View Post

The only secret to what we were using is the actual bait and Patrick did as instructed and revealed nothing about it. I even went to the trouble of re-bagging the baits so no one could see the original packaging and asked him to return any unused baits.
    I think we are saying the same thing and you are making my point. The reasons for it being all over the internet is what I described. The call was pointless, guess there is still some butthurt.
    DesertWitch likes this.

yea I wanna see a picture of what you are using as well......I'm going to chase them Sunday morning!
    DesertWitch and Taxman like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links