Stillhouse, 24 Jun
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Fistacuffs
  • 4 Post By TIMBERLAKE

Thread: Stillhouse, 24 Jun

Stillhouse, 24 Jun

Fished from 0630-1130
    Water temps: mid 80s
    Caught 3 fish in 5 hours.

Caught a nice little smallmouth at the dam and a couple largemouths in the deep grass. Stillhouse sucks balls.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was wondering if anyone had fished that so called lake. Thanks for confirming why I still shouldn't go there.

Nice Smallmouth....are they very prevelant there?

Sounds good, afterwards we can have a knitting circle and discuss our menstruation cycles.John Ward

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

From what Ive read smallies are in stillhouse but hard to catch. Belton is the lake to go for smallies. From what Ive heard stillhouse used to be a killer lake until the flooding killed off all the grass. Theres a guide on TFF that posts regular reports on that lake and has caught some toads out of there this year.

Smallie action on Stillhouse is rare. The state has stocked a bunch, but the only place I stick them is at the dam. Two years ago, I could catch a bunch every trip with finesse worms on shakey head/drop shot. The fish pictured is the first I've caught this year.

As for the largemouth, Stillhouse produces giants. Multiple 10 lb fish have been caught this year (not by me). I was catching a bunch in the spring prior to the rains that raised the lake back almost to full. After that, I've struggled to figure them out from one day to the next.

I fished there earlier this year with a buddy from work who caught a 8.67lb but we only had 2 other fish all day. Thats the biggest I've seen come out of that shithole and we used to go there every weekend. I still haven't figured that place out and don't know if I ever will

I was there a couple weeks back. We fished for 3 1/2 hours and caught about 12-13. Had a couple decent ones over three, and had one on about 4lbs that came off due to my homosexual hook set. The key for us was to fish shallow early, as the sun got up the bite died.

I mean f-ing shallow, most were caught in less than 3ft, the 4lber hit in about 10 inches of water. Main lake points w swimbaits and spinnerbaits. The windier, the better.

How is the grass coming back?
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuWtY_LX6qnPWXHueRC-hQ

Grass is beginning to reemerge throughout the lake; however, the only thick hydrilla (that I've found) is in the main lake around the 13ft hump and church hump.

We fished a tourny out there in April. During prefish, I caught fish in the deeper grass but never found them t-day. The action was pretty sweet in the afternoon out on the roadbed after the sun was high in the sky. I fished the rock bluffs over headed to the dam right behind the island and caught 1 smallie and broke off 2 more in the same hole. They are out there.......just gotta find them.

Sponsored Links