Lake Fork Reports & PICS
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Lake Fork Reports & PICS

JIMMY EVERETT’S LAKE FORK GUIDE SERVICE
    WWW.FISHINLAKEFORK.COM

Here are some happy clients on recent trips to Lake Fork with guide Jimmy Everett

Derrick Demers with a Great fish that exploded on a new topwater bait called a slickfish
    www.slickfishlure.com

The spawn is here and sight fishing is coming on strong and becoming big part of catching fish right now. Although I did have a great day Thursday catching 36 fish with only 1 fish coming off a bed. The water temps are from 64 to 70 degrees depending on where on the lake you are at. Fishing is starting to pick up as far as quantity and quality are concerned which makes for some great and exciting days of fishing. I am doing most of my fishing in the back half of the creeks as the water temps have been warmer towards the back of the creeks.

For those just fishing who are not interested in bed fishing here are the patterns that are working best for me. The shallow water bite has been much easier for most with a wide verity of baits producing fish. shallow water baits that have been working are a Gary Yamamoto Senko fished texas rigged weightless or wacky rigged on a weedless hook with a small weight attached to the hook. Work these baits in and out of the grass edges located in 4 to 6 feet of water. My best colors have been shades of watermelon or green pumpkin with a chartreuse dyed tail The key here is how slow can you work this bait. The slower the better. Also pay close attention to your bait as the bites have been very soft. A texas rigged 6 inch Gary Yamamoto lizard or Lake Fork Tackle lizard in watermelon with a chartreuse tail worked quickly over the top of the grass will also take its fare share of fish. I am working these baits on a 1/8 or 1/16 oz weight. Keeping your rod up high will also help keep this bait from hanging in the grass.

For the sight fishing I am setting the trolling motor on cruise until I find a fish that my clients want to catch then stopping and pitching White Gary Yamamoto Tubes with a 3/8 oz weight or a Lake Fork tackle Baby Lake Fork Craw in white with a 1/4 oz weight. The best way I have found to catch these fish is to stay as far away from the fish as possible with still be able to see the bed clearly. It is hard to explain how exactly to catch these fish because each fish is different and will take the baits worked different ways. The main key is to make the fish mad. That’s it. Flip as many times as you can, hit the fish with the weight, hop it towards his head, crawl it along the bed what ever it takes to make that fish made. Remember to beef up your equipment with this type of fishing. I would suggest a hvy. action rod with 25lb mono or 50lb braided line. Another thing is do not crank your drag down all the way this will help keep you from pulling the rod out of the water.

I am booking up quick so anyone interested in a trip now would be the best time to book to get those dates you want. I also have Gift Certificates available for any occasion. If you are interested in coming out to Lake Fork and having a great time, catch fish, and have memories that will last a life time give me a call at 903-765-3980 or 903-216-1867. You can also reach me on the web at WWW.FISHINLAKEFORK.COM and you can email me from there.

Good luck on the water
    Jimmy Everett

Proud Sponsors of Jimmy Everett and his Lake Fork Guide Service:
    Sun Valley Fiberglass, Axton’s Bass City, www.rockchips.com, Strike Works Tackle, Wake Runner Products by BG, www.lakeforktackle.com, Fun-N-Sun Boating Centers “ELITE FLEET”, www.slickfishlure.com, Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits

Sponsored Links