LA 04/09/06
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Thread: LA 04/09/06

LA 04/09/06

Craig, Rexxter, and myself fished West of CP Sunday morning and came up bust...cept for one 6lb 1oz Rex got on a Senko Lite T-rigged.

The temp was about 59 degrees in the water. Seems that the fish are still tight but they are gettable.
    http://willworkforfood.net/~doom/fish/2006.4.10/
    2004 Tracker PT175 - Red 50 HP Merc Put me over some fish y\'all!!

Re: LA 04/09/06

Nice fish Rex, guess those neon yellow worms really do work huh?

well they did NOTHING for me heh...We were initially wanting to use them for sight fishing...looks like this bugger keyed on the different forrage
    2004 Tracker PT175 - Red 50 HP Merc Put me over some fish y\'all!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Nice Fish Rex!

EA

Rex

I want to thank the Academy...oops, wrong speech.

My thanks to Doc for taking and downloading the pics. *This is the biggest fish I have caught in the past 2 years and the first ever to be caught in Craig's newly acquired 2002 Skeeter SL190 w/Yamaha 150 V-Max, so thanks also to Craig. *

Super Moderator

Nice fish Rexter! *Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. *Unlike Saturday, it looks like you guys are on glass out there must have been nice. *

I didn't get out on Sunday due to some chores and more importantly installing a 2 bank Guest onboard charger. *Now I can set it and forget it, unplug and head for the lake. *

Looks like you hold the boat record for Craigs rig. A buddy of mine holds the record for my boat. He knocked off my 6.25 fish the week after I caught it with a 6.5 lb'r. Talk about shenanigans, I'm still trying to break that. Anyhow congrats! See you guys on the lake

Congrats - TDV-

Rex had to go and set the bar all high on my new boat. It was an awefully nice fish. I sure hope that is a record that doesn't stand long.

Weather was great Sunday. Cool and calm.

Administrator

i fished the lower end on sunday morning from 7:30 to noon. Threw the big swimbait most to the time. As usual had a number of followers but no takers. The week before i had 6 bites on the Huddleston. Fished some cruisers that i saw in some protected water. Got one to hit a Mission fish, which was my first bite on that bait....missed the fish. There are some pretty cool videos on the mission fish on swimbaitnation.com. Finally caught 2 about 3lbs each on an brush hog, i had lobbed everything their direction, and it seemed like the finally liked the brush hog...or maybe it was just time to eat. Water was off color on the main lake due to the boat traffic already.

Sponsored Links