The Bass o ree and our Travis bite!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
    Administrator

The Bass o ree and our Travis bite!!!

Well...folks, *for the first time in...well, since I moved down here, we got SCHOOLED!....

Airfob and I had been on a decent bite, and by "decent" , I mean, we caught a 5 fish limit of fish that went "18-21" fish........so I thought we were good....

COME T DAY.........

Freekin' struck out.... only had 2 fish that would keep and didn't bother to weight them in.....

Administrator

Re: The Bass o ree and our Travis bite!!!

Anyone know the results ? *

I had to work :-[.

I did get to get out there and fish on Saturday morning thinking we may as well fish a bit just in case I didnt have to work.

We ended up with 4 keepers and a bunch of 13 inchers. The keepers we did catch were solid though and we put in later in the morning. I think we could have had our limit pretty easy if we would have put in earlier. Most smaller fish came on crankbaits and most of the keeper fish came on drop shot in about 20+ foot of water.

Wind was howling and it was pretty cool in the morning.

Take Care
    H.H.J.

I heard, 12lbs and some change won it. We had the same results as Grnhead and did not bother to wiegh either. We had 2 that would have given us about 3.5 pounds. We got screwed by our early morning spot. We did not put a keeper in the boat till 8am. After that it was all up hill. We caught TONS of 12-13.9 inch fish. Mostly on cranks, pointers, brush hogs. Oh well, try again next time.

I knew everything was going to be a little wacked out by the 2 fronts coming in just before the tournamant. That is what made me think we had a chance. I figured everyone would be starting from scratch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Administrator

Since it didn't work I guess I can reveal my pattern...we were having good luck before the T throwing bigger 1/2 spinner baits and letting them get deeper, like 8-12 feet of water and concentrating on shallow flats, instead of deep drops offs and bluffs and that was producing some nice fish for us...trying to use colors that looked like Tilapia or perch, but no go on sunday...all of this in the lakeway area...

Does anybody run up river much? *I have never been past Pace Bend...for 185 boats on the water there wasn't that many in the Lakeway area...figured lots of teams were going upriver....

Also, does anybody have a reason why the 13.9 inch fish are always the ones that bite on T day? ??? ???

13+ won it with their 7.75 lb kicker, they also took big bass.

We got to the ramp around 5:15 and did not put in till a bit after 6:00 with first cast at 6:30...what a mad house at Pace Bend! Travis stuck it to us really good Sunday. After losing that 2.5 lber right in front of the net around 1:00 we pretty much called it quits and pulled out the Bud.

We started at Lago Vista and worked our way up. We drove a little past gloster bend, but that area of the lake looks a lot different than the rest of the lake. It all looks the same. It seamed that a lot of the team boats were up the river. The best I can tell is they were fishing brush piles on points.

I still had the Tilapia colored spinner bait on from my trip to Amistad. I thought it would be my secret weapon. I have weight added to the hook to get it down deeper as well. I caught a couple on it, but they were not as big as I was hoping. All in all, it was a great weather, fast bite, just no size. That lake is hit or miss for keeper. I have gone and had 90% of my fish keep, but most other times it is about 7% keep. THe secret is in the deep. I just need someone to show me how to catch them there.

Sponsored Links