Lake Travis Late Reports
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Lake Travis Late Reports

Saturday March 17th
    Launched at Point Venture at 4PM. Fished main lake points with firetiger crank baits. Caught 11 LMB to 3 lbs. Started fishing lighted docks, catching 30- crappie to 14", 12 whites to 18" and a catfish or two. Water temp was 59 degrees, in 30-40 feet of water.

Sunday, March 26th
    Launched at Point Venture at 3PM. Fished main lake points with firetigerand tennessee shad crank baits. Caught 15 LMB to 3.5 lbs. Started fishing lighted docks at 9PM, catching 12- crappie to 15", 10 whites to 18" and a few channel catfish. Water temp was 64 degrees, in 30-50 feet of water.

Saturday, April 8th
    Launched at Point Venture at 3PM. Fished main lake points with firetiger and shad crank baits. Caught 4 LMB to 2 lbs. Started fishing lighted docks, catching 18- crappie to 15" and 7whites to 18"Water temp was 69 degrees, in 10-15 feet of water.

Crappie fishing seems to be good in shallower water...Less than 15 feet of water. White bass seem to be scattered. Not that many lately. Bass fishing seems to be good when wind is blowing or fishing main lake points with the big boat wave action.

Re: Lake Travis Late Reports

Per some of the off-line questions, answers as follows:

Bass were on points that had adjacent deep water. Fished North (Around Point Venture to Briar Cliff) and South to (Lakeway and Hurst Harbor area). Picking out a few points. There are alot of main lake points.

Also I had success working large boat docks that had schools of shad. The shad balls were shown on my graph at 15 foot down. We were using small crawfish-colored jigs, catching actually the larger bass. My friend was using 8lb line with ultralight rod and had two fish that finally broke off. This was after fighting these fish for five-ten minutes. This was after I caught a couple 3 lbs. These bass were hanging right under boat docks. We would position the boat so we could vertically jig the sides of the docks, instead of throwing into a dock and letting it fall.

I have never had much success with fishing at night under full moon. Only cloudy conditions. Fishing for whites and crappie for the past few months and fishing is slowing down. It seems that the fish are moving shallow for spawning. I have been using small to medium minnows. Fishing right off the bottom. Cranking up fast and stopping. They hit the very second I stop the bait. Using a small split shot about 12" above the #2 Red single true-turn hook. I have been fishing lighted boat docks in 30+ feet of water. However, the last time out I had to find new docks in shallow water(less than 15 feet) Fish a dock under the darkest conditions for the best bite. Also fish a dock for no more than 15 minutes, if no bites, move to another dock. These fish move in and out of the lights all night. I know of good reports of crappie being caught at Easy Street Fishing House in Jonestown. I have never been...

Sorry for the book, but I share with details...Good Luck.

Sponsored Links