Queation: Best place to bank fish for catfish close to Round Rock?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Queation: Best place to bank fish for catfish close to Round Rock?

Hey guys im fishing in a tournament soon (bank fishing for catfish) so im trying to think of somewhere close to round rock that i can just go practice. I dont need somewhere with monster cats just somewhere where i can constantly catch cats. Any suggestions?

If you're up for some night fishing Lake Pflugerville is a good spot. I normally go between 10PM-2AM when the cats come in shallow.

I live in Round Rock off of A.W. Grimes/79 and it's about a 15-20 minute drive.

I consistently catch cats whenever I go. Lots of folks out there use chicken livers. I've had much more luck with live bluegill (you can easily catch them under any dock on the lake). The north side of the lake seems to be the most consistently windblown side of the lake and I've had all of my luck there.

My understanding is there are lots of Channel cats out there. I've only caught bullheads and one smaller flathead. I've posted recent pics up in this thread - https://www.austinbassfishing.com/fo...ts-n-bass.html

You can also hit up Bright Lake (Old Settler's Park), Meadow Lake, or Brushy Creek Lake Park. All of these locations receive some pretty heavy pressure though, and I haven't had much luck at any of them.

Sponsored Links