Lake Pflugerville - Cats n’ Bass
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fishbrain

Thread: Lake Pflugerville - Cats n’ Bass

Lake Pflugerville - Cats n’ Bass

Had a pretty solid time at Lake Pflugerville last night/this morning from 11-2AM.

I fished the second small platform (from the western bridge) on the north side of the lake. Normally I’ve used chicken livers for cats out here but I wanted to try live bait. Caught some small bluegill (3-5” each) and fished them on the bottom.

Around midnight I pulled in the flathead (a hair over 4lb) and at 1:10 or so I caught the largemouth (4lb), both about 60-80ft or from shore.

Both were fun catches but I was pretty excited about the flathead. I haven’t read anything about flats in this lake and I’ve always wanted to catch one so I’ll take it as a win!

Overall it was a great night. Looking forward to the next round!
    rbdavis3591 and Jeremy like this.

I bass fish on Lake PF and have wondered about catching catfish there. Especially since the latter are much better eating than the former! I'll have to give it a try soon.

There are definitely plenty of these guys out there! From what I've read a lot of folks use chicken livers, but I've found that I have more luck fishing small live bluegill (which are all over the place under the docks).

Went out again last night from about 11P-2:30AM and fished some more gills. This time the fish I ended up catching for bait were smaller, between 3-4". Fished them on the bottom again, same dock but a bit closer to shore. Sat through some light rain for about an hour, which is when the cat and smaller bass got rowdy.

Ended up catching 2 bass and 1 cat. One of the bass came in at 3.3lb on my scale and the cat at just over 2.25lb.

QUESTION: I'm only familiar with Channel, Blue and Flathead cats. This guy was different. Looked like a channel but yellow. I'm guessing it's a bullhead - can anyone confirm from the photos?

Since my photos are so large I uploaded to ImgBB this time rather than imbed:

Cat - https://ibb.co/0tDhMny
    Largie - https://ibb.co/LvK0k6g

Sponsored Links