Ready, Set, GO!! --- The Steps 2019 - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ready, Set, GO!! --- The Steps 2019

payaso likes this.

My lower back went out on me and I haven't been back out. How ever I do have some friends who have been and this what they told me, Thursday was great, Friday was a little slower, and Saturday, today, has been very slow. Now like I said, this is only hear say on my part.

I received another text from a guy on the river and he said the river is dead right now, no whites at all today. I'm sure this cold front has a lot to do with it, it will get better in a few more days, the spawn is not over... In fact I look for it to last a few more weeks due to this cold snap and water temps being low. This years spawn has been off and on so many times it's crazy. Some females still have egg sacks that are close to being ready, so I look for at least one more good run of fish on this years spawn before it starts to tapper off. Years a go the spawn was over by the first of April, now it runs half way into the month of April. Maybe my back will be better by then and I can get a few more decent trips in before they quit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    I received another text from a guy on the river and he said the river is dead right now, no whites at all today. I'm sure this cold front has a lot to do with it, it will get better in a few more days, the spawn is not over... In fact I look for it to last a few more weeks due to this cold snap and water temps being low. This years spawn has been off and on so many times it's crazy. Some females still have egg sacks that are close to being ready, so I look for at least one more good run of fish on this years spawn before it starts to tapper off. Years a go the spawn was over by the first of April, now it runs half way into the month of April. Maybe my back will be better by then and I can get a few more decent trips in before they quit.
    Oops! I already cleaned my wader and put it in the box. Anyway, get well and good luck!! Thanks for your reports, I really enjoy your reports.

I went out today to see what I could trick into striking at my jig. It wasn't great but for this time of year I'll take it, I was able to get 13 nice size fish to strike it. Two hours, 13 good whites, that will have to do.
    stcow1 likes this.

Went yesterday and did better. Put 17 on a stringer for freezer. Going back today because if we get the rain they say we will then it could blow this years spawn out for the year. By the time the water gets fish-able again the fish should be through spawning, so one more trip today before the rain.

I did really well on Friday, took home a limit of nice size fish. I did have to wade to get to the better bite but it was well worth it. And now everything is flooded. I am not real sure on this but I would guess that by the time the water goes down the spawn for this year will be over with. How ever I do have one place that just might be fish able when it goes down so we will see, but I'm not going top hold my breath that's for sure. It has been fun people, I think I have enough fish in my freezer to last me a year before next years spawn.

Hmmm, I have not been since the rains but I have a few buddies who have. One guy was doing ok right after the rain, but he told me yesterday that it seems to be over for him. He said he didn't see anyone catching fish, it wasn't just him. If my buddy didn't get em, then I would say it is over and done for the year....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links