Georgetown Bank Fishing - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Georgetown Bank Fishing

Had one little bass hit my baby rattlesnake 2 saturdays ago. Was out at Lake Georgetown testing the new iPilot trolling motor
    Badavis86 likes this.

Been killing 30 minutes here and there behind the house (Berry Creek) until I can take the yak out over spring break. Weather has been chaotic and I can jump across the creek in most spots, so its pretty much strictly a finesse game. Pulled out a few on a shaky head and a couple on a ned rig, all about this size. Greens seem to be the color of choice.

1.jpg
    Jeremy likes this.

Took the yak out along the San Gabriel yesterday after getting out for Spring Break. 1:00 oclock, post drastic weather changes, and a decent wind did not make for good fishing. SKUNKED after throwing everything I had at em.

I needed to redeem myself and had a an hour to kill this morning so busted some Berry Creek banks again. Had a few curious nibbles on a jig, but the fish arent exactly whoppers (Minus the massive carp and a hefty gar!) so I scaled back a little. Tossed around a shakey head to no avail, so I switched to weightless and T-rigged a green crew. Pulled a few out, and more importantly felt better about myself.

Onto the coffee and guiness as I watch some early morning soccer. Cheers and Come on you spurs!20190309_083524.jpg

Also, why do my pictures always turn sideways?

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

3/14/19
    Blue skies / cool / breezy

When I used to work in Taylor I would pass a bridge that crossed the San Gabriel with a low water crossing to put in from. Its off 29. Anyhow, finally got around to fishing it today. Got on the water at sunup and fished till 10 without getting so much as a bite. Another fly-fisherman said he used to fish there years back with better luck, but he hadnt had any luck either.

Not willing to call it a day, I packed up and headed back to Georgetown where I found a secluded little stretch of water to put in. Tossed around a weighted T-rig as the currents were a little to swift to go weightless. Pulled this girl out on a craw trailer. 20190314_123955.jpg

Bites were few and far between on the T-rig. So I switched up to a shaky head with a GP trick worm as well as a finesse jig. Semed to be having the most luck under rock ledges. A few well placed casts landed me this one. 3 and some change on the scale. 20190314_130817.jpg

Had another spit the hook in an aw inspiring, yet aggrivating, aerial display no more than 2 cast later, easily just as big if not bigger. Continued working the bank and had some more success, managed a few more on the Shaky head/Jig , and missed a couple more as well. Either the bass were cautious or my hook sets need work! All in all id call it a good day.
    20190314_133430.jpg

Also, does anybody else have this badge of honor?
    IMG_20190314_163349_051.jpg

Tight lines y'all.

Camp Tejas at Lake Georgetown

Quote Originally Posted by Badavis86 View Post
    3/14/19
    Blue skies / cool / breezy

When I used to work in Taylor I would pass a bridge that crossed the San Gabriel with a low water crossing to put in from. Its off 29. Anyhow, finally got around to fishing it today. Got on the water at sunup and fished till 10 without getting so much as a bite. Another fly-fisherman said he used to fish there years back with better luck, but he hadnt had any luck either.

Not willing to call it a day, I packed up and headed back to Georgetown where I found a secluded little stretch of water to put in. Tossed around a weighted T-rig as the currents were a little to swift to go weightless. Pulled this girl out on a craw trailer. 20190314_123955.jpg

Bites were few and far between on the T-rig. So I switched up to a shaky head with a GP trick worm as well as a finesse jig. Semed to be having the most luck under rock ledges. A few well placed casts landed me this one. 3 and some change on the scale. 20190314_130817.jpg

Had another spit the hook in an aw inspiring, yet aggrivating, aerial display no more than 2 cast later, easily just as big if not bigger. Continued working the bank and had some more success, managed a few more on the Shaky head/Jig , and missed a couple more as well. Either the bass were cautious or my hook sets need work! All in all id call it a good day.
    20190314_133430.jpg

Also, does anybody else have this badge of honor?
    IMG_20190314_163349_051.jpg

Tight lines y'all.
    Just returned from fishing the San Gabriel at Camp Tejas. At least 100 cars there, but no one catching the fish. Water is crystal clear and Whites are schooling down stream of the low water bridge (saw about 100) but they are not biting. Out of a group of 20 there on the bank, right at the school of whites, I'm guessing 12 fish where caught in total. Tried everything from Jigs, rooster tails, crank bait, worms of different colors, nothing seems to attract them.

I also walked upstream of the bridge to the bend. Two people I spoke to caught a Guadeloupe each with fly rods. The only thing I saw upstream were gar.

Going to try back in the middle of the week and hope for better luck. No clue why these guys aren't turned on yet.

Will update later this week. I may also try the steps out by Granger.

Scott W.
    Tummy and Badavis86 like this.

3/24/19
    730AM-11
    60s
    San Gabriel River

Took the Yak out today, what a lovely morning for a little fishing. Struck out with the buzz bait/jig but I had some decent luck throughout the morning. Ended up pulling 5 out in total. Most of which were on a weighted T-rig tossed in and around brush/cover. The majority were nothing to write home about...20190324_095611.jpg

However, as I paddled back in I resumed to tossing around a lipless crank and hooked up with this fatty. 20190324_112408.jpg20190324_112441.jpg

I'm almost ashamed to say I foul hooked her, but it made for one hell of a Texas sleigh ride. Hey, as long as you get em in the boat it counts right?

Tight lines everybody.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links