Georgetown Bank Fishing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Georgetown Bank Fishing

i drove to russell park yesterday, just to check things out...water was way down...cant imagine i'd bring the boat, but it was interesting to see how gt has built up...

Picked up the Bonafide SS127 last week and putted around some in San Gabriel to get her good and slimed, pulled out a few drinks on the T-rig just trying to get comfortable and my bearings.20180421_172513.jpg

Yesterday at work one of my students created this masterpiece...20180425_150334.jpg Considering I had the morning off, I thought I better do him justice and go rip some lips. Once again put in along the San Gabriel here in Gtown. 20180427_072305.jpg Pulled this girl in on a blue/black chatterbait a few cast in. 730 AM Water was like glass. Stained clarity. Threw a few different baits throughout the day but ultimately they were pretty lethargic and not chasing much. Had some luck on ol reliable (T-Rig) with a watermelon worm and junebug BBH. 20180427_102959.jpgAbout 5 or 6 all around this size

Got home about 11 and found some goodies waiting for me so put this little ditty together .... function over fashion. 20180427_154641.jpg

Once I get a proper anchor Ill head out to GT lake and see what I can muster up..stay tuned

Tight lines everyone.

Sorry for the sideways pictures...

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

20180512_071441.jpg Hooked up with this fella on a blustery day out at Gtown lake. I was throwing a bluegill pattern square bill parallel to a rocky bank.

Date: 5/16/18
    Body of water: Berry Creek
    Weather: Hot! 94 degrees.Blue skies
    Time: 430PM

Had a little time after work to kill so thought id go get in a little fishing happy hour. Started tossing around a shaky head with a red bug worm. Got a few nibbles, none of which resulted in actually landing a fish. Started flipping a 3/8 ounce football head with GP craw on it. Targeting brush piles/ shade lines/ rock ledges. Hooked up with this fella first.20180516_170501.jpg10 minutes later had the pleasure of hauling this one out.Same bait. 20180516_170934.jpg Tight lines.

Took a little outing to the banks of the San Gabriel ....

Blue skies/stained water/morning

Started out the day tossing around a hollow body frog. First time ever fishing one, I dont know what took me so long! Had probably 5 fish missed on the hook set, still getting used to the timing of it. But, I did manage this one. 20180526_064259.jpg Worked my way up and down the banks a little while and pulled this one out on a finesse jig/craw trailer. 20180526_090554.jpg Scale unfortunately was "low battery" but I think she was a solid 4lbs .Caught a few more decent ones throughout the day hanging out in the shade/along cover. All in all not a bad outing.
    Jeremy likes this.

nice catch and thanks for your fishing report!

Tried my luck out at Gtown lake today, SKUNKED!!! Focused on some secondary points and coves with standing timber. Threw just about everything I could think of, wasn't getting bit on any of it. Anybody had any luck out there lately?

I hit the banks at San Gabriel Park Saturday morning with a little curly tail and crappie jig head...I had a ton of little aggressive baby bass hit, give chase and get caught. I saw another gentleman pull out a cichlid the size of a salad plate. Olive green and speckled with a lump on his head...pretty cool fish. It was an enjoyable couple of hours in a place I hadn't fished before.
    Badavis86 likes this.

Put in on the San Gabriel a few days ago, 12/29/18, highs in the mid 40's. Tried to slow a lipless crank way down, suspending jerk bait was no luck, and shaky head/t-rig drew a blank. Conditions were pretty windy and frigid so I didn't expect much, just wanted to get on the water more than anything. Anybody else cast a line lately....fish or no fish?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links