Looking for a C&R spot around Buda
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for a C&R spot around Buda

Looking for a C&R spot around Buda

Wondering if anyone knows of some decent C&R spots around Buda? I've heard that Bradfield Park is decent, but don't know much about it. I'm just looking for a spot to take the wife after work one day. I have some good tanks on my property East of Austin, but it's just too far to drive after a long day or work. If I need meat then I go out there, so i'm just looking for a fun little spot to enjoy every now and again. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Hey, I found your thread looking for the exact same thing. Spent the last hour on google earth looking for sweet spots close to town for some bass. We just bought a house in Buda and I've got to find something close by to hit after work Going to try Bradfield park with the kiddos sometime this week. I'll post back and let you know how that goes. Also just read a post about the little pond by Cabela's/ Walmart/ the hotel. May try there myself on Saturday if I can. Let me know if you find something and I'll do the same.

I believe that pond behind Cabelas is where the infamous Fandangler videos were shot.

Welcome back rideswithchrist, I remember your posts from way back. bankfishing for perch with your little one if I remember right
    sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Hey Thanks! Yeah I've been away a while. Went back to school, graduated, new job, new house.. Not enough hours in the day. We moved quite a ways from my favorite Red Bud so I think she will get a kick out of the ponds around here. Maybe I will too. Fandangler videos?

Bradfield Village ponds are fun and there are some decent bass in them. They do get very weedy this time of year so you'll want weedless baits. If you want to catch sunfish with a worms under a bobber, you'll have a great time. Fish the banks that are in between the two ponds (either pond) or over by the spillway. The Walmart pond is also fun and weed filled. Lake Kyle can be pretty good and there are still some big bass in it. Hopefully the big ones will still be there once it becomes catch and release only.
    FishicalTherapist likes this.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

Took the kids out to Bradfield park for an hour or so on saturday. Just a bobber and a perch hook with worm bits and they were catching little sunfish with every cast. Very aggressive little buggers, surprised they were even able to be hooked they were so small! Lots of people fishing there all day but I didnt see anyone pulling anything out. Kids had a great time though so If you've got young 'uns and want a nice place to let them tear up the perch this is a great place. We will probably try Lake Kyle next weekend and I'll report back again. I had no license so left my pole in the car... otherwise I'd have more to tell! I think I'm going to start trying to get out there before work once a week (6-8:30am) since it's only two blocks from my house. We'll see how that goes.
    TL1197, have you had any luck trying the other spots BassBlaster and NJTexan mentioned?

Njtexan, good to put a face to the name bro. Great to meet ya at the tournament Saturday. Hope to see ya around on the waters. I am usually at Decker with my buddy DjNelson, or on Pville with the regulars there..usually Decker though, love that lake, a dusk to dawn on that place would flipping rock. Take care amigo.
    GIL
    " Too many people quit looking for work when they find a job".

Bradfield can be fun - I've caught most of my bass on spinners out there - lots of small ones and a few in the 1-2# range. You can pull catfish out of there left and right if you know what to use. I haven't fished for cats in a while but sometimes its nice to sit back, drink a beer and wait. Have any of you tried 5-mile? I've been once since the floods last October and seems like a pretty good spot.

I thought about trying 5 mile one weekend in the near future. Have not been out that way in a few years. I have noticed quite a few ponds around the Buda area on Google earth.. makes me want to go buy a dual sport motorcycle so I can off road and explore, see how much trouble i can get in! I'd never do that, but I'd like to find out who owns some of these ponds and if they allow fishing. One of them is called Heep Lake, with another larger one right next to it, right off of the Eastbound 45 toll road just north of Buda. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated and kept utterly secret!

Going to try Bradfield again this weekend on a solo run. Will report back with good news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links