P-ville Pond Pfish - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: P-ville Pond Pfish

No, it's not Mill's. I don't know if it has a name.

My neighborhood is on the east side of I-35 in what must have been some of the finest cotton-growin' Blackland Prairie farmland in America. The teen-aged angler I mentioned a few posts earlier told me this pond is spring-fed and never dried out even during the driest summers of the past few years. A couple of weeks ago, a "spring" did bust out in the middle of the hike and bike trail and I showed it to a city public works mechanic and he didn't know what it was. It flowed pretty good for a couple of weeks then quit after eroding an ankle twister in the decomposed granite trail. Perhaps now, the spring is pushing water in below the bank.

There's got to be at least a couple of two maybe three pound black bass, four maybe five species of sunfish, probably some cats (never seen one yet) and a cool looking "snake neck" (pig-nose) turtle my wife caught once. My five year old caught a Texas Diamondback Watersnake on a plastic craw.

Like the South Austin pond fishing forum member, I'm not going to give the location blatantly, in fear of the so-called bucket brigade.

Sunday, I went fishing at Hutto Lake Park. I put on my waders and worked the west shoreline for an hour and a half. It was very windy and I suspect the wind blew some lake water into my face because Sunday night I became violently nauseous with terrible cramps and backbreaking vomiting. I think there's a toxic amoeba in the lake. I won't wade fish in there until maybe spring. Unfortunately, the amoeba was the only thing I caught. It put up a heck of a fight, I got rid of it after six straight hours of driving the porcelain bus.

Like the angler who scraped his leg, we gotta be careful of the critters in the water we catch but we don't see.

that would be me, and I'm good, lake still has my phone... got a call from that slaunch I caught the other day, he was saying something that sounds like "see you tomorrow" 😎

Quote Originally Posted by RChapman View Post
    that would be me, and I'm good, lake still has my phone... got a call from that slaunch I caught the other day, he was saying something that sounds like "see you tomorrow" 
    Glad to hear your OK. Hate that you lost your phone.

My friend asked me to take him to my unidentified pond. Then he sent me this:

IMG956637.jpg

He's coming over tomorrow. I told him if he brings the bucket brigade I will throw him in the pond.

That critter I caught in Lake Hutto must have been a Norovirus. Sounds almost as bad as toxic brain eating amoeba.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

My friend came over this morning so we could fish this pond I discovered a year ago Super Bowl Sunday. We had nearly an hour to fish before work. Right when we had to leave, my friend caught a small one on Zoom watermelon red flake Fluke weightless.

IMG_20140201_111505_617.jpg
    Then we went to what was supposed to be routine maintenance on some electrical gear with the idea of returning in two or three hours.

IMG_20140201_133036_618.jpg

We smelled him before we saw him. Thought he was a possum at first. Then we saw the 'coon tail.

IMG_20140201_134946_405.jpg

That is 2000 Amp 480 Volt bussing he crawled into. He went A phase to neutral. 277V. Ride the Lightnin'

IMG_20140201_135347_706.jpg

My buddy pulled out the two big pieces and then my chore was to wipe down the drippin's. We never made it back to the pond.

IMG_20140208_160451_030.jpg

I tied on Zoom watermelon/red flake flukes and I caught three today around 3pm.

That's not mills
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll hardly see him around anymore."

That critter I caught in Lake Hutto must have been a Norovirus.
    I went there today and didnt see one sign of life besides the ducks. I moved over to SA G and did well on two 3#rs

2014-02-15 10.20.08.jpg

I know this is bank fishing and we'll get there soon.

Bought this boat for a couple Benjamins last week and another Benjamin last night for the battery.

Went to Lake Pflugie for an hour. Its weird fishin' from a boat when I'm so used to bank fishing.

I did not feel a single hit. So I let my son take me for a spin.
    2014-02-15 09.44.33.jpg

Got home and worked on the boat for a couple of hours (it is a 1994 model). After all that I felt like catching a fish, so I went around the corner to the catching spot.

I tried the Zoom Baby Brush Hog Watermelon Red Flake Carolina Rig. Felt a couple of short strikes.

I ran back to the car and liberally dosed the BBH with Spike fish attractant (crawfish). Bam! I caught two in a row.
    IMG_20140215_150559_709.jpg
    michang5 likes this.

I wanted my son to go fishing with me to the neighborhood pond. So I brought his bike so he could ride on the jogging trail that surrounds the pond. He saw me catch a couple and wanted to try a couple casts. He cast the CR Zoom pumpkinseed finesse worm and was stoked to catch a small black bass.
    IMG_20140313_185126_622.jpg
    IMG_20140313_185214_941.jpg
    michang5 and Schlitzboy like this.

I was there on the weekend and was having zero luck so I chucked a brushhog down the drain and it went BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

drainfish.jpg

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links