Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1304Likes

Thread: TTZ Guadapalooza - Lake Travis 11/23/13

TTZ Guadapalooza - Lake Travis 11/23/13

They said it couldn't be done, well they were wrong Jack! Back with another 8 track attack, here comes the boom it's Guadapalooza 2013!!!!!!

Rules: Open event, all are welcome, $40 per boat. This is a best 5 guadalupe bass event, I know, awesome right. The rules are going to be pretty relaxed otherwise. You can troll with the big motor, you can weigh dead fish that have been iced, you can fish with your shirt off (encouraged), and you can shake the hell out of some guads. Basically there are two main rules, no live bait and only 2 anglers per boat. You can keep the legal limit of fish in your boat, so with 2 anglers that's 10 total any combination of LMBs/Guads/Spots/Smallie. White bass are 25 per person. You can donate any extra guads/LMBs/whites to the fish fry, just please don't keep any LMBs over 3 pounds. If you bring a 4 pound LMB to the fish fry bin you will be publicly ridiculed. You can cull out any live guads, and remember there is no size limits on guads, as such no bump board needed for this weigh in. Oh and please do not try to sneak a LMB into your best 5 guad bag, that's an instant 0.

When: The fishing event will be 11/23/2013 check in and boat release out of Arkansas Bend Park. The launch is good at dink right now with the recent rising levels of Travis 2WD is fine, this is only 4 miles by boat from AB. Or you can launch off the shore at AB, 4WD is recommended The tournament is from 8am to 2pm. That's right, 8am, so you can sleep off that hangover and actually unload your boat in the light of the day. If you need to wake up at the crack of dawn in order to catch guads on Travis in November, then we can't be friends anymore.

Guadzilla: Yes we will pay out a big guad pot. But, in order to make weigh in as smooth as possible, if you catch a monster guad please, WE BEG YOU, come to the weigh in like 5 minutes early. This way we can weigh that fat bastard and not have to weigh one guad out of every single bag. Just yell at us and be like I have a big one man, then you can jump to the front of the line. Otherwise it's going to take longer weighing one fish from every bag and then weighing the best five. We want to streamline this so we can get to the fish fry and partying.

Preparty: The preparty will be at Arkansas Bend Park on Friday night the 22nd. The TTZ crew will be camping out in the park that night, come and join us for grilled meats and cold beers. We'll have some pits going so feel free to bring delicious meat treats to throw on if you are into that kind of stuff.

Fish fry: After the weigh in we will be cleaning some delicious basses and frying up some fish at Arkansas Bend Park. This is where you the good people who will be fishing this kick ass event come in. If you want to sign up to bring something to share with the group please let us know in this thread. Chuck I expect you to bring some homemade cocktail sauce Holmes. Things we will need, side dishes, oil, people with knife skills who can fillet a bass, you get the idea.

T-Shirts: We are looking into getting some Guadapalooza 2013 shirts made. They would most likely be $20. They would most likely be available in three sizes: 2XL, XL, and L. I'll post the design later today, it's may even have a guad with a mustache. Need to get a ballpark idea of people who would be interested in such a thing.

Sponsors and Prizes: Huge thanks to Sappington Construction who is our primary sponsor, donating $250 to the prize money and money for expenses. 100% of this will be paid back to the anglers. Thanks David! Thank you Justin with www.txinjurylawfirm.com for your financial support! Thank you Oliver Law Firm for your financial support for supplies and such, we appreciate you Andrew! Thank you Corey at CenTex Reel Service, for donating 4 free reel cleanings to the winners. Thank you Dez and SuperNova fishing lights for donating a nav kit and installation to the winners. Thank you Waylon and Banner Sign Graphics for donating the Happy Gilmore Check for the winners.

Update with supplies list:

OK Supplies list so far....

John Ward, cleaning table/electric knife/paper towels/paper plates/plastic forks
    ZDawg, Knives,tables, cleaning skills
    Trarecar, Fryer/Propane/OIL
    Matt Warren, wood for Saturday night
    Brandon F, generator
    BurnetBass, coleslaw, cleaning and cooking skills, wood
    FishFinder, Double Fryers, baskets, propane
    JAGT, wood, ass ton of Sam's Fries
    JDSharpTX, will bring a side
    NJTexan, Cocktail and Tartar sauce
    Dez, Fryer, Tables, Cornbread Casseroles
    Yankee02, Cajun Shrimp and Homemade Red Sauce
    Honcho, offered to bring some fry oil

I think it would be nice if some of you guys could bring some frozen hushpuppies. They are pretty cheap, easy to throw into your beer cooler. If we get a few people to sign up for those we will be in good shape.

I will also look into getting some more oil and fish fry cornmeal. I usually make my own blend for the shake bag, but will probably go with a store bought for this large amount of fish.
    Last edited by austinjohn; 11-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.

"I'm going to slap your REAL mother in the face"- me to any baby gauds I catch today.

I will bring a cleaning table, an electric knife, and bass cleaning skills along. We will have the generator out there so should have juice for the knives.

I'm so freaking bronered up for this
    "Shit is not like it once was"- AggieGreg

Free candy Friday night.

1. Who is taking me fishing?

2. Will there be a lie detector involved?

So does a 2XL + an XL = a 3XL ?
    austinjohn, RO and J-Hooked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsharptx View Post
    1. Who is taking me fishing?

2. Will there be a lie detector involved?
    1. I totally would but I already have a partner, and he has sweet mumplins.

2. Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    So does a 2XL + an XL = a 3XL ?
    I'll check on 3XLs, see if there is much difference in cost. These short run T-Shirts orders get kind of pricey, just trying to break even if I can.

Soooo, basically just a reason to get together, party, and drink beer? I'm in.

What are the off-limits fishing times?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Ads