Bass Fishing Forum banner

TTZ Wed Night Tournament - 8/14/13

7K views 62 replies 21 participants last post by  Tommyt 
#1 ·

I woke up this morning and had the shakes. It's Tuesday, almost time, one more day, keep it together. I got a fever, and the only cure is TTZ Wednesday nights. Last week it took 23, 19, and 17 pounds to get into the money. Man I love Lake Austin. Here it is August and 20+ pound sacks and 10 pound bass are still being caught on the reg.

Here was last week's big bass, a little ole 10.51:

Big news guys, we are having a promotional give away this week. The first 10 boats that sign up will receive a free Booker Booblehead. It comes complete with a keystone light (do they make keystone regular), a pack of marlys, and if you look closely you can see a ketchup stain on the shirt, and yes it is whataburger ketchup. The next 10 boats will get a free Andy Bobblehead, complete with a sims hat, torn up power tackle shirt, and if you push the button on the back it says, "no net for you, boat flip that dinky 7 pounder." These babies are hot, so don't be late, get to check in early.

As always, please call the Waldrops if you would like to order BBQ, (512) 306-9040

See yall in about 26 hours, Wednesday is the new Friday, and 12:30pm is the new 5:00pm.

See less See more
#10 ·
So to explain the inside joke.

Dubya and I were fishing the Wednesday nighter about 3 weeks ago and we were working a nice stretch of shallow grass. When we pulled up, there was Bass Tracker parked on a sandy spot and two shirtless bros were just kinda running around and playing in the water. They left, and we did as well. Two hours later we came back, got into a little flurry of basses and they returned shortly after to frolic about on the stretch again. It was pretty adorable and all we could think about was how much more fun they were having than we were.

#14 ·
Well, since going to Vegas and fishing the Wed Nighters are pretty much the same thing...

- Throw down a hundy to potentially win thousands
- Hang out with your buddies til the whee hours of the morning
- End up drunk, out of cigs and $20 bills
- Hookers everywhere...ok not yet at least

And this, typical card table/Wed Night scenario for me this year...end up drunk, out of cigs and $20 bills while wearing a Power Tackle shirt.

#24 ·
Are you f-in kidding me. I thought all this time that they started at 5:00 and I figured I wouldn't have enough time to get home to pick up the PILE and still make it back to sign in. You're killin me

I'm sure some of those teams with the big sacks could have used another 40 bucks a couple times this year
I need to start payin attention more. Good luck guys

#31 · (Edited)
Honcho hooked his bass from probably 30-40 yards away and it surfaced immediatly. Was a glorious site, but he kept it down like a pro the rest of the way to the boat. Honcho definitely has been dialed in to the big bass this year! Was just glad to be a part of it. Can't wait to see the pics.

It's pretty remarkable to get a DD in the boat and round it out with some 16-17lb chunks (in August) and still not win a 3 hour tournament. Lake Austin is such a beast of a lake. As soon as you start to doubt her, she explodes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.