Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 2014 Bud Light Trail - Austin Division

2014 Bud Light Trail - Austin Division

Hey Austin friends,

We are making some changes for next year (fewer divisions in TX, expanding to OK, AR, and LA, and more incentive programs, new show, and a few other things), and we are really excited the 2014 program.

We are trying to finalize our 2014 schedule soon, and would love to hear everyone's ideas for the Austin division- lakes, dates (time of year), etc. 2014 will be our second year in Austin, and we want to put together the division that you guys want to fish.

You can post here, call, email, or text any time.

I hope to hear some feedback!

Chris Davis
    214-616-5693
    chris.davis@usabasstrails.com
    Bud Light Trail - The Premier Tournament Fishing Experience!
    Chx2vy likes this.

Looks like you guys put on a good trail as far as entree, payout, incentives, etc. I've also heard some great things about the Bud Light Trail from other areas. There is no doubt about it that participation really suffered because of schedule conflicts in 2013. Bass Champs and TTZ are already two very established trails here and with working men having limited time most of their free time is spent fishing one or both of BC or TTZ or pre-fishing as both trails are extremely competitive. My suggestion would be to have the trail in the fall. I think your turn out would be great as nothing fishing related in the Austin area is going on that time of year except maybe random opens.
    Catching 14 lbers on the reg.....

I relize the lakes are low but think yall need to branch out from lake Austin on every tourney...we intended to fish a few this year but seemed like they were all on Austin I like la but I no theres a lot out there that don't... so travis and lbj in the mix I think would help yall...gonna try to fish nxt season...tightlines
    SkeeterLance and Shimano-man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbueche View Post
    Looks like you guys put on a good trail as far as entree, payout, incentives, etc. I've also heard some great things about the Bud Light Trail from other areas. There is no doubt about it that participation really suffered because of schedule conflicts in 2013. Bass Champs and TTZ are already two very established trails here and with working men having limited time most of their free time is spent fishing one or both of BC or TTZ or pre-fishing as both trails are extremely competitive. My suggestion would be to have the trail in the fall. I think your turn out would be great as nothing fishing related in the Austin area is going on that time of year except maybe random opens.
    dbueche, thanks for the comments and input.

We plan to offer a 2014 Austin Spring division that will qualify for the 2014 Spring Championships, but we can definitely look at putting a Fall trail in the Austin area in 2014 if there is enough interest. We will do our best to schedule the Austin division (and all of our divisions) around the other trails. Our goal is not to schedule on top of other trails (or the same weekend as other trails) and make people choose where they are going to fish. We will do our best to schedule on weekends that are open.

We understand that it takes time to build a division, and we are committed to building the Austin division. Thank you again for your input!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by txbevo View Post
    I relize the lakes are low but think yall need to branch out from lake Austin on every tourney...we intended to fish a few this year but seemed like they were all on Austin I like la but I no theres a lot out there that don't... so travis and lbj in the mix I think would help yall...gonna try to fish nxt season...tightlines
    txbevo,

We would like to have two on Austin, one on LBJ and Travis, and one combined tournament on Belton with the Belton/Waco division (combined larger payout, separate YTD standings).

Do you think that is a good lake grouping?

Chris

I would only have 1 on LA and 2 on either LBJ or Travis...or if water permits, have 1 on Buchanan...or Stillhouse...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hawgs View Post
    I would only have 1 on LA and 2 on either LBJ or Travis...or if water permits, have 1 on Buchanan...or Stillhouse...
    Texas Hawgs,

We will do our best to go wherever the guys fishing want us to go, as long as water levels and schedules permit. We would also like each division to have at least one combined tournament with a neighboring division. Stillhouse is not on the current Belton/Waco schedule for 2014, but Lake Belton is for one tournament. Would you guys be willing to fish a combined tournament on Lake Belton if the other four were on pure Austin area lakes?

We are trying to lower the overall number of tournaments/divisions we have in Texas in 2014 to help keep participation up in all divisions. We'll be doing the same number of overall tournaments, but we will be in TX, OK, AR, and LA next year, so they will be more spread out geographically. We will also be offering championships in these states that anyone can fish (if they qualify).

Chris

What about canyon lake? Plenty of water in it and useable boat ramps. I dont really care for travis right now with the boat ramp situation. Hopefully it will catch some rain! If you have to double up on one would go with Austin or LBJ. If not doubling up could do Austin, Lbj, Canyon Lake, Travis and Belton.
    GOD Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by BudLightTrail View Post
    txbevo,

We would like to have two on Austin, one on LBJ and Travis, and one combined tournament on Belton with the Belton/Waco division (combined larger payout, separate YTD standings).

Do you think that is a good lake grouping?

Chris
    id be ok with that but as you can see la aint all that popular...la is really very diff to fish and a lot of guys don't fish it a lot due to the amount of boat traffic....

I would like a tourney on buc also....but I no its low....just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by jwallbassin View Post
    What about canyon lake? Plenty of water in it and useable boat ramps. I dont really care for travis right now with the boat ramp situation. Hopefully it will catch some rain! If you have to double up on one would go with Austin or LBJ. If not doubling up could do Austin, Lbj, Canyon Lake, Travis and Belton.
    How does everyone feel about this?

Ads