New guy here. Novice fisher
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

New guy here. Novice fisher

Im in my early 40's. Ive fished here and there. I have poles and tackle. I'm just not that good at fishing. No one has ever taught me the stratagies of bait, lures, and when and where....So I basically just go out there, randomly choose a lure....some times i get lucky, most the time I dont.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone wants to meet up, Lake Gtown, San Gabriel, Lake Travis ish area.....Do some fishing, and have some conversation...and share some info

I dont have a boat, so bank fishing is what I would like to do

Thanks

Chris

Man that's rough. I never could fish from shore... You should try the private fishing waters that you see a guy posted some big fish OR get into kayaking. Austin offers some INCREDIBLE fisheries that are Kayak accessible namely Lady Bird Lake where there are no big motors and nearby Decker Lake which is an extremely good fishery for Blacks and Hybrids. These lake offer the opportunity for trophy fish and big average fish both.

Quote Originally Posted by chrswr111 View Post
    Im in my early 40's. Ive fished here and there. I have poles and tackle. I'm just not that good at fishing. No one has ever taught me the stratagies of bait, lures, and when and where....So I basically just go out there, randomly choose a lure....some times i get lucky, most the time I dont.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone wants to meet up, Lake Gtown, San Gabriel, Lake Travis ish area.....Do some fishing, and have some conversation...and share some info

Thanks

Chris
    Hey Chris. I'm far from a fishing expert myself, but make do with what I know. I gotta tell you, these forums are chock full of some really good advice from folks who are much more advanced. Maybe take some time to look through and get some ideas. The user "wiscobass" has a lot of good posts on lures, etc. I usually just fish Lake Pflugerville and Hutto Lake Park, though. And mainly just black bass and crappie (although, I'll snag a bluegill, etc, now and then). PM me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Lots of guys with boats would be happy to have a fishing partner, especially if he had one that offered to pay some gas money. Post a request to ride a back seat and you will get offers.

Chris,

What do you like to catch?

With the white bass run, now is a great time to fish from the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by chrswr111 View Post

Thanks

Chris

I fish a lot, but am definitely still learning. I'm always looking for someone to join me when I head out. Shoot me a PM.

Sponsored Links