Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Lure Reports -October

Lure Reports -October

I wanted to start a new thread similar to fishing reports that let people know what the fish are hitting. I guess knowing about tried-and-true lures and presentation are good, but I am also talking about dialing in to those special lures, presentations, or color/patterns that are really hot right now.

If I may suggest a format, perhaps we can ID patterns that share:

Environment/Time of Day Used/Water Quality
    Lure
    Color
    Presentation
    Anything that makes this lure presentation really special

I will start things off:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SHALLOW WATER CRANKBAITS: INKS LAKE

Lots of LMB caught over three weekends using shallow water CBs on Inks Lake. I have fished area around from the South Pier from a boat, the North Fishing Pier, and a few other bank areas.

Environment/Time of Day Used/Water Quality: Clear and overcast, early to mid-morning, Clear to lightly stained
    Lure: Rapala DT3s (Fat), H2O CRS in Natural Colors, Mann's Baby 1-
    Color: Natural colors, but specifically the H2O in American Shad (kind of a darker blue-chrome mix with holographic scales) ***Nothing caught on white, chartruese, or fire-tiger colors, go figure!
    Presentation: Erratic, quick jerks on fast retrieve
    Special: These bass strike short so I replaced all tail trebles with VMC Surelock hooks in red, Gamakatsu Red EWG #4s in the front

The largest LMB was about a 7lb-er caught with the H2O American Shad shallow CB (2-5') just over a spawning bed. I spotted lots of baby bass and cast into the middle of them. Landed this one on the first cast to that spot. Lots of dinks too, but overall this seems like a good pattern right now for bank, pier, and boat fishing.

Dez
    Thanks, good info...

Its too bad more people aren't participating, it would be great for beginner anglers like myself,

Location Around Tom miller (LA & LBL)
    Environment/Time of Day Used/Water Quality: all times of day, clear
    Lure: Spinner bait in chartreuse, white (had tons of luck and caught my biggest bass on these) just reeling and occasional twitching,
    3/8oz shad in a light color (only sunfish in austin) fast retrieves and quick jerks,
    3-5ft crankbait black/white and red spots caught a few small bass fast retrieves,
    also tried worms not senko, poppers, and had no luck

I don't want to seem like I'm crappin' on the idea or the thought here, but I think the reason that no one has really participated in this thread is because this info can already be found in the reports section of the site. Seems a little redundant to try and have this here too. The whole point of the reports section is to post a report about where you fished, what you caught, and how you caught them. Some people include baits / techniques while some do not... but the people that don't, usually don't for a reason, and aren't going to post it here either.

It was just an idea. The sad part is that most people have made this site just like any other social cesspool, which is less about fishing and more about locker room antics. It's a sad testimony and as so many others have pointed out, those folks who really want to learn and share more about fishing just get turned off and go elsewhere. That the administrators of this site let it happen is sad.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to rip your idea apart and wasn't trying to join in on the "locker room antics" that you mentioned... which are in fact pretty rampant around here. You're right, it was just an idea... and like all ideas... some ideas work, and some don't. I was just trying to explain why this one isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaHeinrich View Post
    It was just an idea. The sad part is that most people have made this site just like any other social cesspool, which is less about fishing and more about locker room antics. It's a sad testimony and as so many others have pointed out, those folks who really want to learn and share more about fishing just get turned off and go elsewhere. That the administrators of this site let it happen is sad.
    Not badgering you Poppa,

But the "majority" of the usual posters on here fish together often. This site is comprised of beer drinking buddies with a fishing problem.
    I think we have a pretty talented group of anglers that are more than willing to offer advice to anyone. With well over 17,000 members, some individuals are relunctant to post their specific bait or technique on an open forum for obvious reasons. However, most people are very fourthcoming with good information via PM.

With that said, your idea is not a bad one. But there needs to be a better way to present the information. As Bizness stated there is some good information in the fishing reports that are better catagorized by specific bodies of water rather than a hodgepodge format. It's a lot of information to read through to get to the meat and potatoes.

And if you feel this site has become a "cesspool", your entitled to your opinion.
    ChitownLonghorn likes this.
    "Shit is not like it once was"- AggieGreg

Maybe it has something to do with the title of the post as well? I have never asked for anyone to give me a "Lure Report", I have asked for a "Fishing Report", which I get in the reports section. It was a good idea, just don't see a need here.

Also note that the people who participate in the locker room antics and have turned this forum into a "cesspool" also happen to be people who are as forthcoming as possible with relevant information. I have never once hesitated to offer help where I can and I post detailed reports, often telling people where I was fishing and with what. When someone asks a question about something I am familiar with, I offer my input, so does Dustin, Waylon, Dez, Scott and all the others on here who like to joke around and BS. Some of us may be a little more off color than others, but you cannot accuse anyone of us of not trying to help others.

I would also love for anyone to point me to another site that provides as much real time, relevant information concerning fishing in Central Texas. It can't be done. There are other good sites out there, but the volume of content and detail are lacking or they are not pertinent to this region.

This site has changed, all things do. But I know for a fact that this site is seeing traffic like it has never seen before, which in reality, is what the owner of this site is concerned about.

My opinion, fishing is easy. Catching is tough, catching good numbers or size is even tougher. My experience is most fisherman will tell you what they used to catch em on but won't say where or give details. The best thing to do is to read up on how to fish seasons, water type, etc. and to get on the water as often as possible and take up as many offers to be a backseat or go fish with someone more experienced. I've gotten great help by fishing with only a few guys and their knowledge has helped a lot. I think people just don't want to tell their knowledge to some random joe online. I know I'll spill the beans to anyone I fish with but hesitate to share some stuff online.
    NjTexan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjv80 View Post
    My opinion, fishing is easy. Catching is tough, catching good numbers or size is even tougher. My experience is most fisherman will tell you what they used to catch em on but won't say where or give details. The best thing to do is to read up on how to fish seasons, water type, etc. and to get on the water as often as possible and take up as many offers to be a backseat or go fish with someone more experienced. I've gotten great help by fishing with only a few guys and their knowledge has helped a lot. I think people just don't want to tell their knowledge to some random joe online. I know I'll spill the beans to anyone I fish with but hesitate to share some stuff online.
    ^ + 1,000,000
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads