Bass Fishing Forum banner

Lake Dunlap

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Matt Warren 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if lake dunlap is like fishing lake austin. Boat Docks, grass..etc. Can you run wide open in the middle or is it not a good idea because of the width? Going to try it soon since it's close now. Thanks in advance
Debbie Vukelich

#2 ·
Dunlap does not have any grass, but it does have lily pads. Many docks have brush piles under and around them, so find docks with deep water access, and you should catch some fish.

As far as running the lake, run the middle and you will be fine.

There are a few stumps sticking out of the water, stay clear of those and you will be fine. There are a few sandbars, shallow spots down the lake, but watch your depth finder and you will be fine.

#4 ·
it's been a really long time since I fished there and I hope I'm not getting it mixed up with McQueeny but the similarities to lake austin are that it does have lots of dock structure to fish, there are also canals that lead into neighborhoods that you can fish in, also lots of wakeboarders like LA. We always used frog imitators in the lilypads and flipped the docks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.