Bass Fishing Forum banner

NEVER AGAIN!!!! LA Trip

6K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  Skeeter Matt 
#1 ·
I will NEVER fish LA in April on a saTURDay again. We fished a BassChumps T this weekend started around 6:15 and weigh in at 3:00. The fishing was ok and the morning was great.... Then all hell broke loose around 11:00 and by 1:00... Lets just say we were dodging wake boats, pleasure boats, pontoon boats, bass boats, flat bottom boats. sail boats, boats,boats,boats... I don't see how more people don't get seriously hurt out there. It was BRUTAL... Lesson learned...

BTW, Bucky won it with 13+ and a 6+ lb kicker big bass... You can't get his head through a door right now...

#3 ·
Zdawg. I know a lot of good fish every year come off of River Austin not lake Austin. I would not put my wife and myself in that kind of danger. I dont care how big those river fish are.I want to really tell you how I feel about Austin and the people on that river but I would probably piss a lot of Asstinites off. I`m also on your web site. Tell Tom I said hi. Dunlap is the same. A bunch of no caring wake boarders, ski boats and assholes. Choke and Fayette. Safe out their.

#6 ·
They expect you to dodge them cause you do. However if you didn't they would have to be careful too.

Like Austin bike riders, once they get it through their heads that their being killed on Austin roadways, they will take resposibility for themselves. Legislators made laws protecting bikers now they act as if vehicles have no rights on roadways, same idiots on the Lake that drive these roadways.

Me myself I don't care how many laws there are that protect me, I protect myself, & my mother like yours told you to be careful in the streets on your bike when you were just a snot-nosed kid.

Can't wait till these idiots start acting like their as intelligent as their college education indicates. No common sense

#7 ·
Roofish.Can I send 100,000 likes? I gave up my bycicle when I got a drivers license. Thanks to that ****** lance Armstong everybody wants to be him. No common sense is right. Oh... hold on I think I will get up in the morning ride down Fitzhugh road and dodge traffic. Maybe even ride down 360 and ride real close to the shoulder with traffic wizzing by. No wait ..I cant forget my water bottle. Damn.. even if I`m lucky I can dodge traffic on I35 in rush hour. How about riding on lady bird river. Look at snatch and hope I dont fall in the river. What was I thinking?

#8 ·
What about the wakeboarders and skiiers? doesn't anyone care about their feelings? just kidding. this is such a long term rivalry that is really one sided for the most part. It's basically anglers hate skiiers, and skiiers don't care. I used to see skiers and jet skis on my home lake of lake arlington, and I would think-those bastards. So I understand this issue since childhood. Now, I actually have a ski boat. I have had bass boats come really close to us on Lake Austin. It's a narrow lake and that is going to happen, whether it's intentional or not. Just before you decide to buzz a ski boat, remember they could be mooring and have people swimming around the boat, or a downed wakeboarder that you may not see because of a wave,etc...

#10 ·
It is what it is. If you want to fish LA, go early during the week, or late at night. Luckily, I write my own schedule, so I can, and do avoid the rude, irresponsible, and downright dangerous weekend crowds. I'm probably trading pieces of scenery, for peace in fishing however.

#11 · (Edited)
I will still take wake austin mid day on a saturday over some of the other lakes around here. At least I almost always catch nice fish there. You just have to hold on and hope for the best. Two weeks ago I did catch a wake boat with a jig on braid, and I though I was actually gonna lose my entire rod and reel. IT SUCKED. The wake boarder was apologizing profusely, because It finally broke and I was picking up another rod to snatch his ass off of that board. If you can speak to the guy on the board they are a little too close. But hey its all in good fun... :)

#15 ·
Bassn, you should have kept your own advice and kept your mouth shut. "Thanks to that ****** Lance Armstrong..." Really? That statement alone lets everyone know your an a$$hole and I'd say his work with Cancer far outweighs any negatives. But back to my point, you're an a$$hole and I'll take solace in the fact you won't be sharing LAKE (Go Fish the River Falcon) Austin with me.

#16 ·
Bassn, you should have kept your own advice and kept your mouth shut. "Thanks to that ****** Lance Armstrong..." Really? That statement alone lets everyone know your an a$$hole and I'd say his work with Cancer far outweighs any negatives. But back to my point, you're an a$$hole and I'll take solace in the fact you won't be sharing LAKE (Go Fish the River Falcon) Austin with me.
Wow, the internet blows another mind... Freakin brainyacks everywhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.