Bass Fishing Forum banner

The Steps 2/22

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  AustinHooker 
#1 ·
The run is on ladies and gentlemen. Got out at 4 and was there till 6 and caught 20 and everyone around me was catching them as well. All good size including this nice fish!

Released them all so they're still in there for ya.

Thanks!

Fish Fish Pike Bass Marine biology

See less See more
#2 ·
Where is this? Really trying to get my 4 year old son into fishing. He loves it, but we haven't caught much yet (a few perch). If I could get him on multiple fish he would go NUTS! Will always CPR so you don't have to worry about me depleting your stock of fish to catch :)

#3 ·
No worries! I'm pretty sure half of the world knows about it already. If you look up "Dickerson's River Bottom" in Granger it may come up on maps and if not you can find the address online. It's some business right by the entrance and you'll see all the cars and the entrance is like a walkway and has actual steps so you should find it easily!

#9 ·
I'm normally a fly guy, when minnow guys are struggling I'm catching fish, when I'm struggling, they're catching fish. Yesterday I was using spinning gear. What worked best for me was a white road runner, but white curl tail grubs were also working. I'd say that the everyone was doing equally well out there, saw some fly guys catching, and minnow guys were catching. If someone was doing really well it was because of the spot they were in, not because of what they were using, in my opinion.

#19 ·
plenty of room up/down stream if you're willing to walk a little. haven't been out yet this year, but in past years there's been a gravel bar ~ 1/2 mi downstream that has produced MANY WB. on one memorable occasion some years ago, five of us caught ~ 300 WB in one afternoon fishing off the bar!

#11 ·
Just got back from there, probably 30 cars in the lot, which was very surprising given the weather and the word getting out. More surprising was how open all the fishing spots were, plenty of places to fish from especially if you could cross over. Bite was way off today, never saw anyone with more than a couple small fish.

#20 ·
I was there on Friday 2/24 at sunset for about 2 hours and caught 4 whites on artificials. The funny thing is all 4 of them were caught within the same 15 minute period. Must have been the angle of the sun hitting my lure, or a small school was coming by. That's the nature of whites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.