Bass Fishing Forum banner

ABF TSA tournament team sound off...

11K views 96 replies 19 participants last post by  austinjohn 
#1 · (Edited)
As most know the Texas striper Association is coming to Buchanan March 24 . I would love to see some local teams entered. TSA is a fun group but lets show those North Texas guys we can striper fish as well. So if you love to fish for striper sound off. And kids welcomed and encouraged. So ......Team Bustin Loose is signing in

#58 ·
Good luck guys! Kick some ass.

My last post for a while...heading north early tomorrow.

We got a little over 4" of rain here on LBJ. Water is like chocolate milk in the bay I am on.

I'll be home thursday and will be reading reports from everyone over the weekend.

Go

#74 ·
I went to the weigh in, it was fun to meet so many from here, and to see some i have meet before, great bunch of guys& girl, Reily is cuter than her pic's. I''ll be back.

#75 · (Edited)
per Alan of TSA...
It was a great tournament on a beautiful day! We had sixteen teams and all but two weighed in two fish. That's a good tournament on any lake.

Unofficial results:

1st- Team Piggy Perch- ~9.5 pounds
2nd- Team Sharcbait- ~7.75 pounds
3rd- Empty Pockets- 7.62 pounds

Only one pound+/- separated 5th through 14th places. A couple of spots were separated by only 0.01 lbs. Only two stripers were weighed. One about 4 lbs and one a little under three. First place one with two nice hybrids.

Edgewater was a nice venue for the tourney.

Official results will be up on texasstriper.com soon

Congratulations to Team Piggy Perch for winning the 2nd TSA Tournament of the 2012 TSA Tournament Trail on Lake Buchanan. Team Piggy Perch was able to win this tournament by weighing in a total of 9.51 pounds. That earned them a check for $640.00. They also won the Big Fish Prize with a 5.03 pound Striper which added an addition addition $300.00 to their earnings. Finally Team Piggy Perch also won the largest Sand Bass prize for another $100.00. Team Piggy Perch ended up with a total winnings of $1040.00, not a bad day of fishing.​

#77 ·
That was a great tourney, well run and organized. Seemed like everyone was respectful and courteous on the water and was having a good time. Team SuperNova took 4th I think, missed the money but had a good time on a tough day of fishing. Bob and Steve are good crew members and kept me from getting disqualified for being too drunk at weigh in...

We'll do it again next year!!

#79 ·
Great tournament on what turned out to be a slow day of fishing for everyone. We just couldn't get that one big bite and Team Asleep at the Reel finished 10th or 11th with around 6lbs. It was a beautiful day though and we all had a great time. Only negative thing was a local guide running up the lake that passed about 30 yds from us while we were fishing a mid lake hump and there was at least 1/2 mile of clear water to either side. Don't understand how people who are supposed to be "professionals" think they can get away with acting like such rude inconsiderate jerks. It was a great turnout and good to see everyone, can't wait to do it again!

#81 ·
Yeah Mid Lake looked like one of those sail boat Remuda things. I don't know how many boats were on the lake but there were a bunch. We pretty much left the boat shows looking for new fish. We did find a few but with the traffic and calm conditions the fish were never schooled up.

#82 ·
Yeah Mid Lake looked like one of those sail boat Remuda things. I don't know how many boats were on the lake but there were a bunch. We pretty much left the boat shows looking for new fish. We did find a few but with the traffic and calm conditions the fish were never schooled up.
That's regatta I believe. We were drifing around with that group, caught a keeper. We decided to run around and check a few humps. Never found fish schooled up so we went back and caught our 2nd keeper and Steve slabbed up our white. Tough day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.