Bass Fishing Forum banner

Buchanan today, January 31

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bunkerhunter 
#1 ·
A fine day. No big fish but a lot of fun and action.

Put in about noon. Four fish by 3:30. As predicted.

2 short hybrids and 2 whites.

By 3:15 I was beginning to think RO was right...I'd love Buchanan till I hated her...but then...we got to the "X" on the map and at 3:30 the whites and hybrids started banging the slabs.

CFO picked up a 20" hybrid so I think she'll want to keep going (I screwed up and told her it would be an afternoon bite...after we started home) but, she does like catching hybrids!

We caught half a dozen short hybrids and 16 nice white bass by 5P. Good 90 minutes of catching...good 5 hours of fishing.

One guy came in on us just as they took off. I flagged him over and told him to join in. thirty minutes later he still hadn't caught anything. Asked him what he was using and he said a johnson silver minnow with a weedless single hook...he didn't like getting snagged up. Pretty much epitomizes the 10%-90% rule.

He switched to a slab and caught 3 by the time we left.

Again guys, especially Brandon...thanks for the tips and the inside info...sure makes a new lake a lot easier.

If you see a white Century out there with a (gasp) Nebraska Husker flag on the side...stop and say howdy...ain't no limits on bullshit.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like a great day on the lake. I read all of the posts on Buchanan and learn alot, plus I really enjoy it. We are going to fish it soon. In the meantime we are leaving for Amistad on Friday. One week on Amistad fishing the Devils river and Rio Grande for Stripers and Whites. That is always fun.

Good Luck and Tight Lines Dennis

#5 ·
Sounds like a great day on the lake. I read all of the posts on Buchanan and learn alot, plus I really enjoy it. We are going to fish it soon. In the meantime we are leaving for Amistad on Friday. One week on Amistad fishing the Devils river and Rio Grande for Stripers and Whites. That is always fun.

Good Luck and Tight Lines Dennis

Oh man I am looking forward to this report. I am wanting to get down to Amistad bad.

#9 ·
I was fishing with a guy one time and we had rented a boat. Just nailing big hybrids. incredible fishing. he leaned over and put a big "X" on the side of the boat with a magic marker. I asked why in the hell he did that??? He said so next time we'd know where to fish. I laughed...why in the world would he think we'd get the same boat??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.