Bass Fishing Forum banner

Buchanan today, January 19

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BrandonA 
#1 ·
New guy posting. Bear with me.

First..Brandon...thanks for the info on the ramp and the lake...everything worked.

I'm a winter Texan from NE and can't figure out why everybody doesn't come down here, but I'm glad they don't!

We put in about 11 in horrible conditions...72 degrees (warmed to 82) and not a breath of a breeze. Flat water!

Ramp is fine...I have a 22' center console Century(a little smaller than Brandon's...why do I always come in second??) and had no problem. Even with the bride driving the truck.

Locator showed 5-7 feet of water just off the ramp and out to the first marker.

We started scouting around the SW side towards the dam and picked up one 12" wiper. then caught another on the east side of the dam where the point comes out. Like I said...flat water.

About 2p a breeze kicked up and we had moved back to the west side of the dam and hit a school between there and the ramp.

My bride (of 45 years) caught her first wiper...and her second...and her third...and and and. She's turned into a game hog. Most were 12-14 inches but she did manage a 19 inchrer and I had a 17. Ended up with 11 wipers and 3 nice whites. Let 'em all live to catch another day.

A great day on the water. Some good fishing.

Again...thanks Brandon. Love this site guys...best fishing site I've ever seen.

Bunkerhunter

It ain't the catchin'....it's the fishin'.

See less See more
#3 ·
Uh, Yeah. Broken lines, two tooth patches. must be several years class of wiper/hybrids in there. We caught them 12, 14, 15, 17, and 19 inches.

The three whites were nice...nothing special...10-13 inches

And forgot to post before...caught them all on purple hula poppers...

no wait....white or chartruse slabs...

Bunkerhunter

It ain't the catchin', it's the fishin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.