Twin Troller x10 Boat
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Twin Troller x10 Boat

Twin Troller x10 Boat

Hello Everyone. I am a new member of the forum and I appreciate all of the helpful information posted by the members. I have recently started fishing LT at Spicewood and I was thinking about making a purchase of a simple fishing boat called a Twin Troller x10. It is only available by ordering online at freedomelectricmarine.com . Based on the Youtube video testimonials available and the marketing videos on the company website, it looks as though it would be easy to fish from and function as it is described. However, I would like to see one in person (and perhaps take it for a 3 minute test drive) before I take the plunge and buy it. I called the company asked if they would give me the name of any buyers in our area who have given permission for their names to be passed out to potential buyers. However, the sales rep said they cannot give out names - just their policy for legal reasons.

My question is: does anyone know a current owner of one of these boats and if so, could an introduction be made for me to see the boat? Thanks for reading this and I appreciate all of the great info on this forum.

Let me know what you find out. Thought about getting one of those for my step son.
    --Eric
    "Less is more ... except in Bass fishing!"

I think I saw one of those on Lake Pflugerville last spring. We were both fishing the same cove. It was a windy day and the pattern was ripping grass with a rat-l-trap. I was drifting with the wind and I had to keep circling back to make another drift.

The TTX10 angler was slowing his drift and maneuvering to fan cast the grass, catching fish and taking calls on his cell phone. Looked pretty sweet from where I was sitting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Yes thanks for the comment Jeremy - that is why I am interested in the boat. I currently have a Hobie PA-14 which I like very much. But as you know, more often than not, the wind on LT where I fish is significant and of course, it seldom ever sets up the perfect drift direction or speed for efficient fishing / casting. With the foot pedal controlled dual electric motors, I think this boat may be the answer to counter acting the wind. But before I make a big change in fishing platforms, that is why I would like to be able to do a very brief "test drive" however, I don't know anyone that owns one that could make it happen for me. I am fairly certain it will perform as advertised in the videos but I just want to make sure.

you'll always want bigger if you are like me. not sure $5K+ is worth what you are getting. You can get a lot more for 5K. For a pond or small lake it would be fine and definitely have some advantages (notice in video most show this in that scenario)...but for LT you can't cover near enough water in it I wouldn't think. Certainly all personal preference and you really have to decide what you want it for. If it's your introduction into having a boat and you really want to get a bigger boat someday then just go buy a used boat for that kind of money. If you just will always want something small because you are tight on space or whatever then get it. The concept is interesting, but imo I don't think it is the best option for LT...LP, yes, LT, no. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by aggiegreg; 01-18-2017 at 10:35 AM.

I've got to say that any company who isn't willing to furnish a couple of satisfied users to you seems shady. Granted they can't just send you their customer list for legal reasons, but to be unwilling to give you one person who's used the boat to talk to ?

They do offer a 60 day "Money Back Guarantee" which is about worthless since would cost you at least a grand to return the boat IF you never titled it. Can't run a boat with a trolling motor in Texas legally unless it's titled.

Risking a grand without being able to have user references and not getting to actually try one out would likely make me not buy it. Honestly if the thing was a great as they say they wouldn't charge a 25% restocking fee for the "60 Day Money Back Guarantee" But I'm more suspicious than most folks.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

aggiegreg brought up some important considerations. If you're going to trailer the boat to LT, you might think about a power boat.

For any lake that allows gas engines, its almost foolhardy to launch a boat that is not gas powered and not easily paddled. This is especially true on Texas lakes where the wind is usually blowing hard.

I have the ten foot BPS Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler with a Minn Kota Endura C2 40 pound thrust trolling motor. I use a "special" (no group number) 140 Amp-hour battery. As most of you know, I launch into Lake Pflugerville 99% of the time. This set-up is perfect for LP.

The other 1% would be the four times I've launched at Decker, two of those in my old Bantam 3X (same boat, different name.) I would not recommend this set-up for Decker. My second trip, I paddled back to the ramp after a battery failure. That was scary. "Bass buggies" are not easy to paddle.

For the next two trips to Decker, I carried a spare 12 volt (group 27) deep cycle battery and a gallon of drinking water. This nearly overloads the boat rating with just me and the two batteries. Sometimes, I wish I had a 55# troller, but it weighs a lot more and uses a lot more battery.

A ten foot "bass buggy" presents a very large surface for the wind to push. Standing, drifting, and working a reaction lure makes boat control with a tiller troller very difficult in even a modest five knot wind. I dream about foot control and iPilot trollers. Maybe, if I ever played the lottery...

Thanks again guys for the insight and advice. Lots of pros and cons on any course of purchase action. I am going to keep looking until I can actually see a Twin Troller X10 in person and make a decision after that. Jeremy is right - foot control is goal I think.

I modded a #40 Minn Kota TM for my Malibu X-Factor. It has all the functions via foot control (steer, tilt, Momentary switch) with the speed control mounted in the center hatch. It works very well and the the total cost with Trojan 55 Ah battery (most expensive part $180) was under $500. I can get slightly over 4 MPH loaded in light winds which is just about the maximum speed achievable. Power draw on high speed is right at 22 amps but most fishing is done on low speed (6-7 amps). Ive yet to deplete a battery in a day's fishing. I tell ya, this is a fishing machine! It works sweet working a shoreline into a headwind and using reverse, it is equally great to slow and control your drift with a side/tailwind. Best thing is it is all removable for transport and when you just want to paddle. Designed after a bassyaks type mount with the edition of a Big Foot momentary switch (deadmans) that I highly recommend. Fits in my truck so no trailer needed. You might want to consider this option using a SOT kayak rated at #500+. I've done 3 of these so far and found the X-Factor to be the best choice
    Last edited by Hooked on Kayaks; 01-27-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    NjTexan likes this.

Thanks Hooked on the suggestion which makes sense. I am still considering all of the options at this time before I decide to switch from the Hobie PA14.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links