What's up with the SUP? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What's up with the SUP?

I've got a sweet carbon fiber SUP paddle that needs a new home if someone is in the market.
    BASS72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by e00o View Post
    Lots of jokes here, but I will refrain since you're an actual cop.

Back on topic - anyone have experience with the Diablo products? Looking at the Amigo.
    Not yet, but I ordered one from ack yesterday and its supposed to come in next week.

I started out looking at the lure, but the guy at ack showed me the amigo and over the last couple weeks, no matter what other yak I looked at (lure, cuda, slayer, etc), I kept coming back to the amigo and finally made the decision to go with it. I like the simplicity and bruteness of it.

Can't wait to get it out and do some fishing. Ive been fishing out of a entry level pelican for a while and it works ok, but I don't like fishing from a low seated position. I look forward to being able to walk around on the amigo and fish.

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter
    bayou_fennec and e00o like this.

i've been thinking real hard about one of the Diablo SUP's. i'm just a bit confused on the materials used to make them. i know the amigo is made of Polyethylene and the other two are Thermoformed ABS. not sure what the pros and cons are between these materials.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

The poly is supposed to take more abuse and be more flexible (but is heavier). The other is lighter, but may be more brittle. The amigo is rotomolded which means it is one piece. Here is an article on different construction types and the advantages and disadvantages.
    https://www.rapidmedia.com/adventure...d-and-the-ugly

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter

The diablo amigo is a great hybrid(sup/kayak). I have a feelfree lure at the moment and really like it. I have paddled both and you can't go wrong with either. The feelfree is a little bit faster but you can comfortably fish while standing on both yaks. The seat on the feelfree beats the Larry chair on the diablo hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by bayou_fennec View Post
    i've been thinking real hard about one of the Diablo SUP's. i'm just a bit confused on the materials used to make them. i know the amigo is made of Polyethylene and the other two are Thermoformed ABS. not sure what the pros and cons are between these materials.
    I don't know anything about yaks or SUPs. I do know a little about ABS versus PE. When I bought my "bass-buggy" style boat, I chose the BPS Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler largely because it the only bass-buggy made with ABS plastic. I can store my Pond Prowler on saw horses in the back yard without the plastic bowing. Don't rest your PE boat on blocks in the sun. Your boat/yak/SUP will be permanently warped.

When my hull needs patching, I can use two-part epoxy. Epoxy works great on ABS. I mended my hull last week. I soaked my boat in the lake all weekend and not a drop of water in the hull.

Epoxy will not stick to PE plastic. PE hull patches are made with "plastic welding." Hope this helps.
    cigarsnjeeps likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links