Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can't Decide

Get whichever one is wider.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
    Unlike a woman.....

Quote Originally Posted by Travisheals View Post
    Unlike a woman.....
    Heyoooohhhh
    TIGHT LINES TO ALL!!!

Like Chuck said I love my Cuda 14. I havent tried a Slayer yet so I cant give a comparison. I will say this, if you get a Cuda get a rudder on it. I love the storage space that in middle of the kayak but some hate it. I place my soft plastics, and misc gear in there then load up my crate with my hard baits. You really need to try out both. No kayak will have everything you need or want. The high/low seats are great though.

As far as size and shape go, it appears at first glance that they are similar enough that hull design shouldn't be a major factor in making a decision between the two. I can't say that for sure since I've never ridden in either, but I'd imagine speed, tracking and stability are pretty close if not equal? And those would be the things to consider with hull design. But again, I could be way off here? One may be much more stable than the other, but I don't know?

That being said, it looks like the main deciding factor for two boats so similar would be your personal preferance on the options?

-They both have high seats and similar hull design, size and weight and tons of scuppers.
    -Slayer has more open storage, no thingy betwen your legs and quality molded handles.
    -Cuda appears to have more internal storage, rod tip protector, rod holders and the type of handles that seem to painfully crush my hands and rip the flesh off my knuckles, like I have on my yak. :P

Deff gonna have to test drive each one to find out which one feels more comfortable to you. And while you're looking, don't forget to think about future rigging. You're going to wanna put fish finders, rod holder, trollies, lights, cup holders, refridgerators, outboard engines and straight up junk all over your boat so try to envision where all the crap would be while you're in the boat testing it.... THT?
    JonT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
    And this.

With width comes stability, but you sacrifice speed. Stability good. speed, eh...

As far as speed goes, I've never found myself in such a hurry to get somewhere or keep up with someone that the speed of my boat would play a critical factor in making a final decision between two boats... If you're in a rush then maybe you've chosen the wrong sport?

I do, on the other hand, like keeping my boat upright... That's where width comes into play.
    JonT likes this.

Ads