Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's go to the coast!

Just wondering if anyone wants to head down to either matagorda or portA for some BTB fishing this Saturday? I don't wanna go out too far, just into blue water. The weather for next weekend in portA looks like it'll be pretty good just as long as the winds stay below 15mph. I'll be watching the weather closely during the week to how things pan out? If the forecast is good and we make it down to find crappy conditions then planB will be to fish one of the bays in the area. (e. matty or redfish bay) I'd prefer portA personally. I wanna fish out around the end of the jetties. Let me know if you're interested?

I'd love to go but gotta have more advance warning. Hope you catch somethin' crazy out there and get to go on a Texas sleigh ride! If things don't work out, try and come down the Colorado on Sunday!

Yea man same here I'd be down to go anytime , just need a couple weeks heads up YouTube "30 miles out" , this guy does this in some of his shows , beware , intro song is horrible I suggest u mute for the first 30 sec of each vid other than that good show

I've seen 30 miles out. There's a whole crew Of guys on Texas kayak fisherman dot com who go out all the time. Problem is they are mostly retired so they normally go in the middle of the week. It's hard to plan 2 weeks out because yu can't really watch the weather that far in advance. I normally plan my trips out to a week or so and don't really commit till about 2 days prior when i have a good idea of the weather.

yea , I hear ya man , id always just have to make sure I'm off ahead of time and hope for the best , doesn't always work out tho , just keep on shoutin out when u go I might be off next time

Quote Originally Posted by ChillFish View Post
    , just keep on shoutin out when u go I might be off next time
    will do man!

Spanish Macks are at the jetties in Port A and we hooked a giant Tarpon 5'+ trolling for smacks Easter weekend.
    Simplify!!!

My dad lives in Freeport and said people have been catching quite a few kingfish off the jetties. No not Spanish macks but nice sized kings. Pretty crazy. This was middle of last week but i have never really heard of that before.

well i opted not to go out this weekend on account of the 30 mph winds out of the north. not sure i like the idea of being blown out to sea....

im gonna keep an eye on the weather and if either portA or matty look good with swells under 3' and winds from the SSE no more than 20 mph ill be making a weekend of it, so if anyone is up for it let me know!

Phu
    I'm ready! Whenever you ready bud

Ads