Bass Fishing Forum banner

LBL 8/21 - Bass Raider action and new PB

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  BassBlaster 
#1 ·
Went fishing with Chuck (NJTexan) today from 5:00am to 1:30pm. We put his 10' Bass Raider in at Holiday at 5:15 and started towards Red Bud Isle. By the time we got there about 5 kayaks were fishing the schoolies at the tip of the island. Tried there for a bit and Chuck got a dink that was about the same size as the Torpedo he was caught on.

We headed up to the west side of the island to fish these reeds I've had some luck at. After losing that big one yesterday I put 12 lb test on my rod (it's max rated for 8lb) and put the biggest worm hook I had. Wacky rigged senko up and down the reed banks and I hooked into a beast. Fought the fish for what seemed forever on that light rod and got what is easily the biggest bass I have caught yet. 19 plus inches, no scale though.

After that we started working down to Mopac, throwing wacky and TR Yamamoto KUT tails and I hooked into another massive fish. 19 plus inches again.

Continued fishing the banks east of the Mopac bridge and caught 4 more, all much smaller but fun none the less. Fish were caught all throughout the afternoon, the last one being around 12:30pm right under the 1st St Bridge

Was an incredible days fishing for me, sort of felt as if all I've learned over the last few weeks is coming together. (watch me get skunked my next 3 times out) :p

Thanks again Chuck, hope to do it again real soon.

See less See more
Reactions: mjv80
#15 ·
Damn dude, doing big things on the water. Can't wait to get back out there.

#17 ·
Those GY baits sure outfished my Gulps. Before this trip I was pretty sure I could hang with any other kind/brands of soft baits and catch fish.
Ole Bass Blaster caught a bunch more fish then I did both on his Senkos and the worms. I changed colors, changed sizes, changed hook sizes...while he just caught fish.

I'm sure dumping out a bunch of my old Gulps to make room for some Yamamotos in my tackle box.

#18 ·
haha no doubt. A few weeks ago I didn't even know what Senkos were, now I think I'll fish them almost exclusively. Now just gotta work on control the leg shakes when I get a big one on :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.