Can we get a general discussion forum?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Can we get a general discussion forum?

Can we get a general discussion forum?

I've mentioned this before but can we just have a general fishing discussion forum? Too many people post in the fishing reports section and they aren't posting reports but they are posting questions or other fishing related things that just fall into a "general" category. Off topic is fine for non-fishing stuff but if someone wants to just post a couple pictures of a fish or something that isn't covered in another forum it ends up in the reports. Please can we get something like this?
    Pop N Cork likes this.

Anyone?

There is a place for this, it's called Miscellanies. If they were to move it to the top of the outline list, then perhaps more folks would use it properly. Not everyone will scroll all the way down to the bottom. But I understand what you’re wanting and why you want it. It is aggravating to see questions asked in the fishing report section when it clearly states, FISHING REPORTS.

But yes, the outline could be changed up a little and it might make a difference. Seems like there is always someone posting stuff in the wrong category. But I can’t say much, heck, even I have posted stuff in the wrong place before. I did it on purpose because I thought I would get more positive feed back in that section where I chose, rather than the correct place. And this could very well be the same factor in a lot of these posts that are placed in the wrong section; they thought they would receive a better feed back. A new member may make a few mistakes here and there, but if you mention it to them in the right way without slandering the poor sole to death, they would be more than happy to post in the right category next time. It’s not what you say; it’s how you say it that makes a difference. And you could send them a PM describing the situation rather than taking a chance of starting a conflict by making it public. Just saying..

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    There is a place for this, it's called Miscellanies. If they were to move it to the top of the outline list, then perhaps more folks would use it properly. Not everyone will scroll all the way down to the bottom. But I understand what you’re wanting and why you want it. It is aggravating to see questions asked in the fishing report section when it clearly states, FISHING REPORTS.

But yes, the outline could be changed up a little and it might make a difference. Seems like there is always someone posting stuff in the wrong category. But I can’t say much, heck, even I have posted stuff in the wrong place before. I did it on purpose because I thought I would get more positive feed back in that section where I chose, rather than the correct place. And this could very well be the same factor in a lot of these posts that are placed in the wrong section; they thought they would receive a better feed back. A new member may make a few mistakes here and there, but if you mention it to them in the right way without slandering the poor sole to death, they would be more than happy to post in the right category next time. It’s not what you say; it’s how you say it that makes a difference. And you could send them a PM describing the situation rather than taking a chance of starting a conflict by making it public. Just saying..
    I like having a misc. or off topic sub forum as well. Anything non-fishing fits great in there. Basically every forum I'm on except this one has an off topic and a general discussion. It just seems it would give people a place to post pics, etc. without it going into the misc.

For instance, where is someone supposed to post up and ask a question about how the fishing at granger has been? Currently their options are misc or in the reports section.

Here's the link to the general discussion forum:

TTZ Lounge | TTZ Fishing Forum

If you were into Myspace back in the day then you will dig TTZ forum. I visited that website not too long ago and everybody was trashing this site. Not cool man.

But still they flood this website with advertisement for their tourneys...

Quote Originally Posted by cuban_senko View Post
    If you were into Myspace back in the day then you will dig TTZ forum. I visited that website not too long ago and everybody was trashing this site. Not cool man.
    There's a reason why. I used to check this site several times a day, now it's a couple times a week if that. It's not like it used be. Sadly it has made a sharp downhill turn recently.

There's always TFF. You'll be the first to know about lakes in DFW!
    Benny20b likes this.

Administrator
    Hi guys,

There is this section Miscellaneous Info which is essentially the General Chat section. Is it the name of the section that is confusing? We can chat with the mods to see if they would approve renaming that section to General if too many folks are confused by it.

~Sheena

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Hi guys,

There is this section Miscellaneous Info which is essentially the General Chat section. Is it the name of the section that is confusing? We can chat with the mods to see if they would approve renaming that section to General if too many folks are confused by it.

~Sheena
    The miscellaneous section is at the bottom of the site and typically contains a bunch of crap that is off topic and non-fishing related. It would still be nice to have it, but also a general discussion farther up the page that is more visible so that fishing reports don't get clogged up with a bunch of BS which is what happens now.
    NjTexan likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links