More Fees at Travis Co. Parks?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: More Fees at Travis Co. Parks?

More Fees at Travis Co. Parks?

Anyone hear they are charging an additional $5 to get into the parks, and that's over the annual Park and Trailer Pass?
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRoberts View Post
    Anyone hear they are charging an additional $5 to get into the parks, and that's over the annual Park and Trailer Pass?
    JR
    I saw this on the Travis County website regarding Reimers Ranch Park https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/fin.../reimers-ranch:

ALERT: Fee Change Starting May 1 Through September 30, on every weekend and holiday - A $5 surcharge will be applied to all vehicles on summer weekends and holidays. This $5 fee will be in addition to the Day-Use entrance fee. It will NOT apply to those with Annual, Senior Lonestar, and Veteran Lonestar Permits. The fee will not be assessed on weekdays that are not holidays. This added fee is necessary to help offset the costs of operating the park during times of peak visitation.
    Not sure if this is the park you were referring to.
    Jeremy likes this.

My Buddy Yung everyone knows him as RudeHO here, said he had the annual pass and had a yellow slip on his truck window last weekend for the additional $5 ?
    JR
    Sticky Business likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRoberts View Post
    My Buddy Yung everyone knows him as RudeHO here, said he had the annual pass and had a yellow slip on his truck window last weekend for the additional $5 ?
    JR
    Apparently this new fee was approved by the Travis County Commissioners at the March 8, 2017, meeting (https://traviscountytx.iqm2.com/Citi...35&Inline=True). I also found this on another website:

This item was voted on during the Mar 8 Commissioners Meeting (see below). It's a little lengthy and disjointed, but it looks like the Assistant Director of Parks (and presumably the Director), as well as Tim Spire and Dan Perry, all collectively came up with this scheme. It was then voted on and unanimously approved by all Commissioners on Mar 8. An earlier meeting is referenced but I can find no trace of it. I plan to communicate my displeasure by email to all the County Commissioners.

Jeffrey.Travillion@traviscountytx.gov
    Brigid.Shea@traviscountytx.gov
    Gerald.Daugherty@traviscountytx.gov
    Margaret.Gomez@traviscountytx.gov

"10:40 AM Judge, Commissioner , this item was discussed in work session on February 20 r. 25th and have the assistant director of parks who will give you a 10,000-foot flyover of the fees. If you have any questions, we have tim spire and dan perry who can fill in the gaps. Robert, i'll let you go.

10:41 AM Take it away, robert.
    Good morning, judge, commissioners. The first item wehad was temporary concession site fees. We currently have a couple of site fees for conoessions at northeast metro park skate park. We would like to expand that and allow that for all of our parks to have that same rate. We also recommend removing the 50-dollar deposit for the concession fees for those. Next item is bmx event parking fees. We have a national bmx race coming up April 1st through 3rd. We had set our fees a couple of years ago and we're recommene ng to change one of the -- a couple of the fees to the two-day passes and three-day passes. Two-d y pass for $15. Thtee-day passfor 25. We've never had an event there yet, so we're going along with what the bmx community is used to for charging for events. We would also like to eliminate the trailer parking fee for those events. Regarding the trailer fees at other parks, most boats on the lake, we haven't raised that fee since 2003. We'd like to recommend raising it from two dollars per day per trailer to five dollars per day per trailer. And an increase to the trailer annual permit fee from $30 to $50. We have a couple of modifications on park pavilion rentals. On east metro park we have two different fees. One is $400 for the full day and 50-dollar per h r for minimum of four hours. We recommend doing away with the hourly option and have only the full-day rental option. We were finding that most eventsstake the full day. We had thought t at we might be able to accommodate two events per day, but just staffing wise and cleaning up. And most people who do the four hours May stay a little bit longer anyway by the time they have the event. With mansfield dam and bob went pavilioi we also had hourly rates and we would like to change that to full day rental of $50. A new fee we would like to implementt in January would be establishing weekend pricing at reimers ranch park, mansfield dam park and loop 360. A couple offyears ago we adam bennett surcharge to hamilton pool and to hippie hollow. We would leak to recommend adding on weekends and holidays to go that five dollar additional fee starting in January of next year. When we had the work session we also talaed about hamilton pool, doing the reservatioi fee. And we would like to bring that back later this month. That one we're still working on some technical difficulties on the reservation system.

10:43 AM So we have a slate of fee increases that have been previously discussed so I have a motion for the slate of increases.
    Move approval.
    Do I have a second? I will second your motion, Commissioner Daugherty. Is there discussion on the park fees? No discussion? All those in favor? That passes unanimously -- oh, 5-0, Commissioner Gomez just indicated her vote from the wings."

I can't believe that they are charging disabled veterans this fee. The amount collected can't be that much. More mismanagement from the political class.

Well here's what I found, and I put in at Pace Bend today and did not have a pay notice when we took out, and there were several vehicles that had the yellow pay sheets on their windshields. Well what I found yesterday said that if you have an annual pass, Lonestar Pass (senior) or a Lonestar veteran pass you did not have to pay the additional $5.00 I could not find it today. Hopefully this will stay this way, remains to be seen.
    JR

On Lake Georgetown at Cedar Breaks Park when the boat trailer parking is full, you can't get in until someone leaves. Simple matter of too many boats/people at certain times.

don't know if it was my annual pass or my amazing smile but I didn't have to pay the additional $5 yesterday
    Jeremy and Piperyell like this.

I renewed my annual pass on Friday at Cypress Creek and did note the price increase up to $150. Returned and launched again on Saturday and did not have to pay any additional fees.

With the fee increase it is time to start hassling them to put some lighting down by the ramp at Cypress!
    Luv \'Em and Leave \'Em

The notice on the window they have posted also states weekends and 3 day holiday's for the xtra $5, BS if you ask me for us annual holders.
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions - Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
    Central Texas Realtor (Helping Central Texans Buy & Sell Their Homes)
    www.powertackle.com
    www.grandebass.com

www.herzogfishing.com
    www.NuTechLures.com
    Donnie C. O'Neal 512.431.5977

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links