More Fees at Travis Co. Parks? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: More Fees at Travis Co. Parks?

not acceptable
    LTE for the win

I think the additional $5 for annual pass holders is only at Mansfield Dam... maybe... not really sure... just a guess.

MANSFIELD DAM PARK

News & Alerts

ALERT: Fee Change Starting May 1 Through September 30, on every weekend and holiday - A $5 surcharge will be applied to all vehicles on summer weekends and holidays. This $5 fee will be in addition to the Day-Use entrance fee. It will NOT apply to those with Annual, Senior Lonestar, and Veteran Lonestar Permits. The fee will not be assessed on weekdays that are not holidays. This added fee is necessary to help offset the costs of operating the park during times of peak visitation.

JR

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

That is the same thing they did at decker it is just worded differently. The season pass and the math dont add up at decket and thats ridiculous

So it does not apply to those with an annual pass... They must've changed their mind on that one because when they originally announced this a while back, it was going to apply to annual pass holders as well. They must have met some opposition there. :-D

Decker is a different case... the annual pass is really not an annual pass. All you're doing is paying for like 20 visits in advance at a slightly discounted price. Nothing "annual" about it.

in my advanced years, i pay only a coupla dollars... that seems to be the only plus about aging...

Quote Originally Posted by Strictly Biznuss View Post
    So it does not apply to those with an annual pass... They must've changed their mind on that one because when they originally announced this a while back, it was going to apply to annual pass holders as well. They must have met some opposition there. :-D
    You're quite correct Ander. When I first saw the notice at Mansfield it did include those with annual passes. I was even charged the extra $5 the first weekend it went into effect. Then I went fishing at Pace Bend last weekend and wasn't charged. Guess they did get a lot of blow back from those with annual passes. I mean come on they already went up $20 on the trailer permit!
    Piperyell likes this.

I am really glad they rolled back the extra 5 for annual permit holders, the cypress creek ramp was packed the last time I went!
    Piperyell likes this.

We have a yearly pass, and we launch from Mansfield. 3 weeks ago we paid the extra $5 once, but 2 Saturdays ago, the guy said they changed their minds. Let's hope it stays that way. I hesitate to go out Saturday, but maybe if we go out early it won't be too crazy. I'll post again if they charge the $5.

I guess that this weekend will be a test of what Travis County's fee structure for non pass holders will be since that will be a the first holiday weekend since May 1st:

News & Alerts

ALERT: Fee Change Starting May 1 Through September 30, on every weekend and holiday - A $5 surcharge will be applied to all vehicles on summer weekends and holidays. This $5 fee will be in addition to the Day-Use entrance fee. It will NOT apply to those with Annual, Senior Lonestar, and Veteran Lonestar Permits. The fee will not be assessed on weekdays that are not holidays. This added fee is necessary to help offset the costs of operating the park during times of peak visitation.
    It sounds like the problems that were first experienced at the parks were due to communication issues as to what the new rules actually were.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links